• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Hal Standish

Hot Stove League for Trialers.

Hal Standish

Who is starting or in transition stage of finishing their next performance project dog? Pics are good as well!

Happy New Years

Hal

Grifish

No pics yet, just projected romances!

cockerfan

You know me,  Hal, I've always got something in the works :) Always looking for the next champion.  

Right now,  Gandy looks to be the next one I'll make a run with.  Still some questions that need answered,  but I really like her so far. She's 14 months right now.

The little golden one in the picture.

20171225_162651.jpg

jackiep

Just about ready to start some obedience with my pup (Puck) who is now 6 months old.  He is a long way off from being ready to trial but sure would like to think he will make it there in time.

puck1_zps9qvl43x3.jpg

Hal Standish
19 hours ago, cockerfan said:

You know me,  Hal, I've always got something in the works :) Always looking for the next champion.  

Right now,  Gandy looks to be the next one I'll make a run with.  Still some questions that need answered,  but I really like her so far. She's 14 months right now.

The little golden one in the picture.

Oh the good old days I remember all to well those days of one at bat, dog on-deck and one in the hole, The breed needs this, It is one big talent search for sure. 

We are in the Romance stage as Grifish is as well We have agreed to boy dog yet we have tech questions as to how to handle the babes. it is a work in progress.

I trust there are more folks in the mix.

dauber

This fella is 22 months and has some very nice tools for trialing and hunting with his nose, love of cover and natural marking. His maturity is still lacking. We plan on dipping his toes into All Age Amateur stakes this spring. 

232843A8-3A09-48AA-AB99-27B723C32D94.jpeg

cockerfan
1 hour ago, Hal Standish said:

Oh the good old days I remember all to well those days of one at bat, dog on-deck and one in the hole, The breed needs this, It is one big talent search for sure. 

We are in the Romance stage as Grifish is as well We have agreed to boy dog yet we have tech questions as to how to handle the babes. it is a work in progress.

I trust there are more folks in the mix.

It's more like "4 at bat, 1 on deck, and 2-3 in the hole". 4 at bat gets expensive!

My next try at a Springer was born yesterday, and I'm picking up a 12 month old Cocker tomorrow to evaluate. 

Who are you breeding Zeta to?

Pat Berry

My 2 year old had a hell of a run early, but has been on ice most of this fall as I pull some things back together. There are just some things I cannot fix training by myself and I don't have any training groups nearby. So, he's heading to a pro for a couple months with the plan to have him run in some open trials in late winter/early spring.

And if this guy doesn't make a splash as he matures, shame on me... again. Only 9 months, but impressive natural abilities so far and remarkable temperament.

Griff training.jpg

Grifish
14 minutes ago, Pat Berry said:

My 2 year old had a hell of a run early, but has been on ice most of this fall as I pull some things back together. There are just some things I cannot fix training by myself and I don't have any training groups nearby. So, he's heading to a pro for a couple months with the plan to have him run in some open trials in late winter/early spring.

And if this guy doesn't make a splash as he matures, shame on me... again. Only 9 months, but impressive natural abilities so far and remarkable temperament.

Griff training.jpg

Fine looking pup!

Grifish
12 hours ago, jackiep said:

Just about ready to start some obedience with my pup (Puck) who is now 6 months old.  He is a long way off from being ready to trial but sure would like to think he will make it there in time.

puck1_zps9qvl43x3.jpg

I don’t know- looks like his name should be Trouble!

Grifish

Sam and I are hoping for an Ollie pup this Fall.  We should have a couple litters to choose from. 

I really think Sam’s looking forward to coaching me and telling me what I could be doing better!  Turnabout is fair play!

It will be my first trialing dog, so I will need to be carefully monitored. If I get a dog half as talented and biddable as Ollie is I’ll be happy. Here’s hoping!

Hal Standish
8 hours ago, cockerfan said:

It's more like "4 at bat, 1 on deck, and 2-3 in the hole". 4 at bat gets expensive!

My next try at a Springer was born yesterday, and I'm picking up a 12 month old Cocker tomorrow to evaluate. 

Who are you breeding Zeta to?

Do not even talk about the money, it is better not know. Been there and bought the...oh heck a couple of farms.

As for Zeta I would rather wait on that announcement until I am sure we are going ahead with the breeding. I am still not certain it's what we really want to do.

sxsneubaum

The black and white pup is 7 months old.  She is showing some promise.  Some days I think the liver and white has it, and then other days, she doesn't.  Time will tell.

Zee day 2.JPG

Zees Rooster Track.JPG

jackiep
8 hours ago, Grifish said:

Sam and I are hoping for an Ollie pup this Fall.  We should have a couple litters to choose from. 

I really think Sam’s looking forward to coaching me and telling me what I could be doing better!  Turnabout is fair play!

It will be my first trialing dog, so I will need to be carefully monitored. If I get a dog half as talented and biddable as Ollie is I’ll be happy. Here’s hoping!

How exciting that you will be working on your first trialing dog soon!

Wish Ollie was a bit closer to us....I am sure he will produce some fine puppies.

welsh

Gypsy, now 19 mos. Won her puppy stake in the fall & on track to run open & amateur in the spring ... cash flow permitting. :)

Have to figger out how to post a pic here....