• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Dogwood

By the way . . .

Dogwood

Most know I periodically give out some veterinary advice.   I really enjoy doing so but can be pretty harsh at times also in calling into question certain articles posted, opinions, etc.

Sometimes sarcastically so which is generally not cool AND makes me look like a real a**hole at times I'm sure.  I'll try to tone that aspect down.  Sorry.

I was mentored and schooled by some wonderful vets (my lovely wife Jane for one)  along the way who have always embraced this approach as a means to continually improve your abilities and skill.  I embrace those who challenged my opinions accordingly. The old thesis-antithesis-synthesis approach.

That's all.

dogrunner

Ah a kinder Dogwood for New Years. 

Up North

Lol  Softwood! 😉

gunsrus

As one who loves his animals and respects your position , I sincerely thank you for any advise you might give or have given for the health of my boys. It is very comforting to have a Vet on board who understands our dogs and the maladies they encounter . 

Coalman

An value added benefit of being a Upland Journal member. I value your advice.

Happy New Year!

PartridgeCartridge

OK, here's a question... Is limber tail muscular or osteo based?

Brad Eden

Pass the hanky... :P Well....I think I can speak for most if not all the UJ Members in saying....we appreciate your willingness to join in the fray here. Discussion Forums can be rough on vets and some take leave. I know that all to well. And thanks for offering advice via your experience and expertise. (And thanks again for the advice to me personally concerning neutering, and interdigital cysts. That cyst has not reappeared and surgery to remove tissue was avoided.) 

frak

as one who rarely allows fact to encumber his opinion (on matters extending well beyond veterinary science), i nevertheless thank you for your comments and your willingness to roll with the comments.  May you enjoy a happy & prosperous 2018.   

Bob Blair
4 hours ago, Up North said:

Lol  Softwood! 😉

Don't wish THAT on him!:D

Seriously, thank you for all your insights. It is good to have strong opinions when, via time and experience, you know you are right and yours are much appreciated.

Greg Hartman

I REALLY appreciate your willingness to offer advice, Jeff!  Thank you.  You can be grumpy if you want.  I am.

DTB

I too have always appreciated you offering your take on our veterinary situations.

Sometimes you reaffirm what our own vet is saying.

Sometimes you offer other options that we can ask our vet about.

It can be a comfort in stressful situations.

Thank You

(How bout pics of your cocker)

Dogwood

Cruisin’ and huntin’

9A244063-1E0D-4BC1-8AB9-B32C42F04232.jpeg

E1836D8F-1BE5-40AE-8672-1DDF3AA0E407.jpeg

406dn

I appreciate your insights. Every hunting dog owner is going to have the need of a veterinarian. Not every vet has a lot of experience with hunting dogs. It is generous of you to offer  insights into the various topics. So,,,thanks.

Remo
6 hours ago, gunsrus said:

As one who loves his animals and respects your position , I sincerely thank you for any advise you might give or have given for the health of my boys. It is very comforting to have a Vet on board who understands our dogs and the maladies they encounter . 

I second that and thank you very much!

marysburg

I always appreciate your sensible advice, and marvel that you share your knowledge so freely here for no fee when you make your living by doing the same thing at the office. I think I can speak for others when I say that your input here is highly regarded, and we value that you share your greater knowledge with fellow bird doggers.  Bravo.