FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Brad Eden

THE BIG CHILL

barna
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

...which brings me to my next question alluded to by Samuel...if I do get a sub compact or compact tractor at some point what would I need to ensure it started up at 0 to -20 degrees?

A shot of ether should get things moving on a cold morning, gas or diesel.  All of our military diesel generators were equipped with ether injection.

Diesel works by compression, no spark, the engines are a lot tougher than gas, I never had issues using ether in the military generators or trucks.

Barna

salmontogue

Farm Innovators makes a unit they call the Thermocube TC-3.  It plugs into a standard outlet, looks similar to a cube tap and has two outlets.  It turns on at 35F and off at 45F.  It works well with block heaters and costs less than $ 15.00.  It is available at Tractor Supply, Rural King, Home Depot, Lowes and a bunch of other places.

Perk

Don Steese

This will be the first year in the last dozen that we haven't sent a good portion of the winter in Mexico. Leaving for Arizona next week though so life is still good!!  Going down to about zero here tonight.

dogrunner

Right now and dropping. 

FA378B31-3EC0-462C-8F41-2EA6CD2DBD41.jpeg

PartridgeCartridge

I don't know what all of the fuss is about. I fed the little missus some soup this morning, bundled her up and threw her outside with a snow shovel and told her not to come in until she was finished. I had four six foot drifts in the driveway. It was 8 degrees and blowing about 35 knots.

Reminded me of "Little House on the Prairie"

Millriver
1 hour ago, PartridgeCartridge said:

I don't know what all of the fuss is about. I fed the little missus some soup this morning, bundled her up and threw her outside with a snow shovel and told her not to come in until she was finished. I had four six foot drifts in the driveway. It was 8 degrees and blowing about 35 knots.

Reminded me of "Little House on the Prairie"

Hope you had a rope tied to your house so she could find her way back inside!

gaberdeen
17 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Damn , took me 5 hours to clean up the yard . Finished around 10pm and went to bed with my friend "Tramadol" . I'm getting too old for this shit ! Now bring on the sub zero temps for three days and give me Monday and all next week in the 30's , a heat wave !

You pilfering your dogs meds again. Bad boy!

Lars

BBHSlET.jpg

dogrunner

6B927D8B-D2F8-4856-840C-6E6D90F3C43C.jpeg

ANF grousin

bE2SlWV.jpg

Brad Eden

IMG_0580.JPG

-9 upon dawn. Tundra still starting, but I'm buying a jump starter as a backup given this winters personality. I like a well landscaped snowscape...rough in with plow...tweak with the snowthrower and finish with elbow (shovel) grease. Warming up this week to more tolerable conditions.

Lars

First I've seen of the new garage. Looks great.

Uplander

-19 last week at Killington, VT on our “holiday” trip.  -9 tonight down by Cape Cod.  Not much difference as far as I’m concerned.

Either way, Baxter is unhappy that his paws hurt so much when he’s outside.

dogrunner

A little cool early this morning. 

93944CAD-E7B3-4C27-BC96-9FC970288026.jpeg

Don Steese

-4 here this morning. About as cold as I remember it being here in central PA. in my lifetime. Probably gonna have trouble getting the wife and granddaughters excited about heading for church. Warmup starts today though. And in a couple days I'm off to Arizona.