• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Larry Brown

Big Ten--7-0 in bowl games

jeff88

BTW, my 2nd favorite college team is Notre Dame and they beat LSU in a bowl game.  LSU seemed to be on the rise and ND fading a bit, good to see the Irish take this one.  Am sure like everywhere else there are a ton of UJers who don't like ND but you don't grow up Irish/Catholic in PGH and not know all about the Fighting Irish.  On the 1st pee wee team I played on, we had spray painted gold helmets and blue jerseys.  ND is a quasi-Big 10 team since they play in the middle of the conference and often against Big 10 teams.  No team plays a tougher schedule than ND year over year.  

dogrunner
10 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

BTW, my 2nd favorite college team is Notre Dame and they beat LSU in a bowl game.  LSU seemed to be on the rise and ND fading a bit, good to see the Irish take this one.  Am sure like everywhere else there are a ton of UJers who don't like ND but you don't grow up Irish/Catholic in PGH and not know all about the Fighting Irish.  On the 1st pee wee team I played on, we had spray painted gold helmets and blue jerseys.  ND is a quasi-Big 10 team since they play in the middle of the conference and often against Big 10 teams.  No team plays a tougher schedule than ND year over year.  

They should've joined the BIG 10. 

jeff88
3 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

They should've joined the BIG 10. 

Would have made more sense than either Rutgers or Maryland geographically.  The BIG TEN w/FIFTEEN!  9_9

Larry Brown

They do beat up on each other in the Big Ten.  Ohio State might well have belonged in the playoffs after beating undefeated Wisconsin.  But they got blown out by Iowa, which was a very up and down team this year. 

Re watching sports being non-active. . . unless your dog is trained to retrieve beer for you, how about all those trips to the fridge??

dogrunner
21 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Would have made more sense than either Rutgers or Maryland geographically.  The BIG TEN w/FIFTEEN!  9_9

Those 2 teams are a waste. 

Felix
2 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Those 2 teams are a waste. 

Agree.  Just dreaming a little here...it would have been nice to pick up Pitt and ND instead of those two.  Then move either Ohio State or one of the Michigan's to the west division to strengthen it up.    Somebody should appoint me Big 10 Commissioner.

Big Al
1 hour ago, Felix said:

Agree.  Just dreaming a little here...it would have been nice to pick up Pitt and ND instead of those two.  Then move either Ohio State or one of the Michigan's to the west division to strengthen it up.    Somebody should appoint me Big 10 Commissioner.

Ok.  I now appoint you Big Ten Commissioner.

jeff88
Just now, Big Al said:

Ok.  I now appoint you Big Ten Commissioner.

I second it.  We have a quorum, done deal.  

Felix

First order of business, Saquon Barkley must come back for his 4th year of  eligibility!

Dogwood
32 minutes ago, Felix said:

First order of business, Saquon Barkley must come back for his 4th year of  eligibility!

'Fraid not.  Saquon needs to cash in and get drafted by the Dee-Troit Lions

jeff88
8 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

'Fraid not.  Saquon needs to cash in and get drafted by the Dee-Troit Lions

Have an idea, how about the team that takes Barkley trade him straight up for Leveon Bell, an already accomplished runner, receiver, blocker and experienced NFL player.  PGH would get Barkley.  If it's the Lions, then an MSU guy is going back home.  Believe SB will be long gone by the time Detroit selects unless the Lions somehow have a top 5 pick.

Dogwood
5 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Have an idea, how about the team that takes Barkley trade him straight up for Leveon Bell, an already accomplished runner, receiver, blocker and experienced NFL player.  PGH would get Barkley.  If it's the Lions, then an MSU guy is going back home.  Believe SB will be long gone by the time Detroit selects unless the Lions somehow have a top 5 pick.

I'd take LB in a heartbeat but PGH would be crazy to give him up at age 25.  Lions would need to trade up the draft to land SB.   But they are desperate to establish a good running game.

jeff88
2 hours ago, Dogwood said:

I'd take LB in a heartbeat but PGH would be crazy to give him up at age 25.  Lions would need to trade up the draft to land SB.   But they are desperate to establish a good running game.

Don't believe t takes an RB long to be solid in the NFL, Barkely will take no time.  Bell is in a contract year, @ 25  he's got a lot left in the tank but his cap hit will be hard.

dogrunner

Lots of articles and talk this week on how blue Screwed the pooch. Also some coaching changes on the team already. 

0CA868F3-F300-4BF2-8F70-E098FE70DD30.jpeg

jeff88

Not taking any pleasure in MI losing but enjoying Jim Harbaugh losing -- he just rubs me the wrong way all day long.  The way he behaved in front of the mike after losing to Ohio State in '16, well, I was surprised he wasn't fired right afterwards.  Wouldn't want my son or anyone I know to play for a coach like him.  That and a lot more of his crap make me want to see them lose.  It's not the kids or the team, it's him.

Like I wrote earlier, I'm a Big 10 fan for every team when they play outside the conference, even MI.  My favorites are Northwestern, WI, MSU and Iowa.  Before Khakipants arrived, I used to like MI.