• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
polecat

Late season Smokepole

polecat

Got lucky and tagged this buck on the 26th on public land. There was a small tussle in the end.

20171226_092143 (1).jpg

gunsrus

Nice Bob , I'm assuming he didn't want to die . 

topdog1961
15 minutes ago, polecat said:

Got lucky and tagged this buck on the 26th on public land. There was a small tussle in the end.

20171226_092143 (1).jpg

Good going. We had a local gored to death a few seasons back attempting to cut the throat of a buck. Swung his head up and put a tine  into the stomach of the hunter. Be careful out there. 

I prefer to to cut the jugular with an arrow. They only go about 100 yards and leave a nice blood trail. Much safer from 20-30 yards than up close and personal. No wasted meat either. 

image.jpeg

Brad Eden

Bob 'cat' comes through again...never any doubt. Nice buck.

polecat

Time to put the gear away.Flintlock is still open in Pa with 3 deer in the freezer that is enough for me.Passed on a couple small 4x4s in Montana, had a big spike in the crosshairs in NY and took a nice buck and doe in archery.Took my nephew under wing and he got a couple does one with his new inline. He missed a few bucks,a dandy with bow.Now he has the fever.Good to see him enjoying the sport.

My eight point from archery.

5a4ba12dbbe5a_20171031_101239(1).thumb.jpg.29481cbf76923b51d0fd0254788d823b.jpg

Virgil Kane

Some nice deer you got !  I drew a blank with bow/shotgun/handgun and muzzle loader this year.  Saw lots of deer but I'm always waiting for the "Big One'" and let the little guys pass.  I would have gladly pulled the trigger on any one of those bucks you took Polecat. That forkhorn looks like a nice plump good eatin  deer.

Virgil