FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
grouse28

New Kid on the block?

salmontogue
23 minutes ago, caleb said:

First thought is that it looks pretty Turkish.

Second thought is that i wonder if they'll actually come in at 6lb 5oz.

Third thought is that I'd like to see weather the pistol grip is a target gun style, or a POW style.

Fourth thought is that we need the stock dimensions.

Fifth thought is that I wonder if they'd do a solid rib.

Sixth thought is that I hope they can pull this off.

While weight may be important, fit and balance (in that order) are more important.  Send an email to Tony Galazan at CSMC.  He usually responds quickly.  I hope he pulls this off.

Perk

lee sykes

Stock dimensions are given in the description.   1 1/2"x 2 3/8" x 14 1/2"   I would guess that the gun is simply a less refined version of their Inverness O/U.  That would suggest a prince of wales grip.   The straight grip model looks well done and the gun has the same nice lines of the Inverness.  I suspect that these guns are mechanically identical to the B. Rizzini guns.  I'm guessing no on the solid rib as the price is not suggestive of many options.  There may be quite a wait on these.  I am anxious to learn more! 

gunsrus
2 hours ago, lee sykes said:

Stock dimensions are given in the description.   1 1/2"x 2 3/8" x 14 1/2"   I would guess that the gun is simply a less refined version of their Inverness O/U.  That would suggest a prince of wales grip.   The straight grip model looks well done and the gun has the same nice lines of the Inverness.  I suspect that these guns are mechanically identical to the B. Rizzini guns.  I'm guessing no on the solid rib as the price is not suggestive of many options.  There may be quite a wait on these.  I am anxious to learn more! 

Agree . It is stated that these guns are hand made at CSMC . 

Urban_Redneck

Fixed chokes?

Greg Hartman
10 hours ago, grouse28 said:

I would be sorely tempted in a 28.

GAWD, Dave!  Mr. New Gun.  You need a new gun like I need shot in the face.  :D

Looks like a very nice gun for the money.  American made, too!!  I agree with Lee that this looks like a B. Rizinni clone.  That's not a bad thing.  B. Rizinnis are very nice guns for the bux.

My only (minor) bitch about B. Rizinnis (or, for that matter any of the many clones of that action) is the massive single underlug locking.  That makes for a relatively tall receiver for gauge and prevents the creation of a true round body gun - more like "rounded body".  Still, for about $2k seems to me that there's everything to like and very little not to like.

Auto-5

Interesting and I wish him luck as it is good to see a American made gun hit the mkt. my observation though is I’m not sure what this brings to mkt that will tear mkt share from the B guns. The straight grip w longer bbls of course is one thing that isn’t common in the B guns. I might suggest that a  double trigger option would be unique and sell a few extra units. The trick I believe is to get enough units into the mkt that people get to see and handle them. For instance I’ve never seen a rbl in the field .personally I think he would have been better served selling a field grade rbl at that price point than another o/u. Otherwise Gods speed

BlacknTan

I'm not in the market for a new shotgun, but if I were, I'd want to know a lot more about the construction than we're, thus far being told. That said, Mr. Galazan is a master at pulling off the unexpected, and the gun is very attractive, even at a higher price.

Tim Frazier

Hmmm, I would bet it will come in 6oz heavier with the 30" tubes and the closer it gets to 6 3/4lbs the less attractive a 20ga is to me.   I agree it "looks Turkish"  (the shape of the top of the action/depth of action and such)  As has been said, I'd have to know a bit more before I'd be intrigued. 

shinbone

Looks good!  JMHO, but the forearm seems disproportionately large.

Sage Hen
51 minutes ago, shinbone said:

Looks good!  JMHO, but the forearm seems disproportionately large.

That was my thought as well but I'd be more interested in a POW grip and it might look more balanced with that combo. It looks pretty sweet at that price.

eamyrick

I hope for my check book that this turns out a slob. Looks great. 

Huntschool

I see where the barrels are choke tubed.  Hope they are thin wall type choke tubes so there is no ugly bulge.  I would prefer fixed at full and modified and I'll have them bored to my desired degree of choke.

steveziv

The case coloring is a deal killer for me.  Makes it look Turkish.  :)

bamboozler

I agree that the forend appears disproportionately large and the barrels look too Beretta for my tastes.

SODAKer
21 hours ago, salmontogue said:

My best memory is that "Revelation" was a Western Auto trademark for their guns.  If asked (I was not) for a name, I would have suggested "Eureka" which is a Greek word meaning "I found it".  Unfortunately that is the name for a vacuum cleaner but if I was shooting poorly with the new CSMC gun named Eureka, I could simply explain that the gun and/or Perk simply sucked.

Perk

That was my initial thought as well, in fact I have the 12 ga, damn good turkey gun. CSMC model is a lot nicer:)