FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
grouse28

New Kid on the block?

Don Steese
6 minutes ago, charlo slim said:

Nah, Cooter, not frozen over-- just getting a little slushy around the edges at times. And speaking of getting a bit slushy, it dawns on me that t forgot the most important requirement of all. But never fear, I'll go back and correct my original post pronto. 

Not it as durable, well that scrubs the deal. Although..... that may not really be fair, in that even decent bluing can be subject to "some" wear. 

IMG_1080.JPG

That can properly be described as good honest wear. It's a look I find appealing. 

brushbuster

I would think they just made a cheaper version of the Inverness?

Not a fan of the fore end shape or the engraving/name.

I will stick with my Berettas with Cole tweaks.

Tim Frazier
6 hours ago, lee sykes said:

I don't know much about Turkish guns except that they obviously try to copy affordable Italian guns.   I think this too is a copy of an Italian gun.  Some copies are better than others.  You be the judge.  

Wish they would have chose the older Berettas to copy!  Or the Japanese SKBs!  Guess I've just never warmed up to the Rizinni guns and could never afford a Perazzi.

charlo slim
1 hour ago, Don Steese said:

That can properly be described as good honest wear. It's a look I find appealing. 

Thanks Don.  And what a coincidence -- the ladies say the same thing about me (or did, up until 20 or 30 years ago:()

BlacknTan

Very difficult to tell much by the four photos I can see, but I wonder what that seperate plate on the underside of the receiver is all about? Could this be a trigger plate action?

Love to see the lockup also, but it looks good for a "Turkish looking" gun.

Sage Hen

I wish they had pics of the pistol grip gun. If delivery is that fast they must have one to take photos of.

Sage Hen

charlo when my four sons argue about who is getting which of my guns when I croak, they all seem to gravitate to the ones with the most bluing worn off. What a waste of time trying to keep a couple of them pristine.

lee sykes
16 minutes ago, Sage Hen said:

charlo when my four sons argue about who is getting which of my guns when I croak, they all seem to gravitate to the ones with the most bluing worn off. What a waste of time trying to keep a couple of them pristine.

I get that.  I only got one of my Dad's guns.  A Browning BAR that he bought new in 1970.  He used to keep it in a box under the couch. I think for a while, next to his boat, it was his most precious possession. But He carried for miles and miles through Maine's western mountains, chasing big bucks.   I think the blueing wear on the bottom of the receiver is what I like most about the rifle.  I don't think I need to explain it.  At least not to your sons. 

Bede

I can't imagine nit picking about a $2000, lightweight, Made in the USA shotgun. 

Really, what are the competitors at this price point? The 686 and Citori? While obviously the stock example, it looks far better than those two, to my eye. 

I hope they can't make enough of them. 

Larry Brown

I'd guess offering DT's as an option would sell a few more, and I think that's a pretty easy option to offer.  Surprising number of OU fans seem to like DT's, and unlike with sxs, there are not a lot of DT OU's out there. 

Always good to see more guns made in this country.

Cooter Brown
1 hour ago, Sage Hen said:

I wish they had pics of the pistol grip gun. If delivery is that fast they must have one to take photos of.

Pics of the PG are there.  Move the cursor around and you'll find an arrow.

Cooter Brown
4 hours ago, RuffChaser said:

Totally off subject but I'd love to see a picture of those. That would be way cool.

PM sent.

Urban_Redneck

I wonder if the selector is lockable or if they would D&T for a set screw ?

:v:

Sage Hen

Thanks Cooter I'm kind of a digital lightweight.

frak

I'd love to have a case hardened gun.  I think it is a great look. 

Overall, I'm really impressed with everything about that gun.  The forend is a little bit big for a straight English.  Better suited looks-wise for the pistol grip version (IMHO).