mccuha

Lc9

mccuha

I got a friend that’s selling  a ruger lc9 for 250.  It has a holster 100 Rds of ammo and 3 clips.  This a good deal.  Pistol is like new.  Also what’s your thoughts about that pistol

Mike Connally

I have the LC9SPro. It’s a striker fired gun with a really nice trigger. The original LC9 was a hammer fired pistol with a long heavy trigger pull. 

There are good deals on the LC9SPro these days. 

mccuha
1 hour ago, mccuha said:

I got a friend that’s selling  a ruger lc9 for 250.  It has a holster 100 Rds of ammo and 3 clips.  This a good deal.  Pistol is like new.  Also what’s your thoughts about that pistol

Typo.  Is this a good deal?

RDG

If you've shot the gun and you like it.. it's an okay deal 

If you haven't shot it, keep in mind the LC9 is a hammer fired pistol and a lot of people don't like the trigger... similar to shooting revolver with a double action trigger. 

Theres a reason why Ruger came out with a striker fired version of it.

if you look hard enough.. you can find the LC9S for under $300. 

phonefly

If you want something reliable and will go BANG when needed.   Price is good - jump on it.  Remember it is not intended to be used for blowing up tanks of anti-aircraft defense!

JustinCase

I’d suggest you shoot if you can before buying. Don’t shoot much pistol any more, but for what it’s worth, I did have a lot of problem with the trigger. I’d pay the extra $50 or so to get the newer version. Of course, YMMV. 

crmartin

shoot it, if you like it buy it

studdog

Save your money.  Those gun are almost worst than no gun.  The only thing they do is go bang.  Trigger pull and light weight makes for a very inaccurate handgun.  They make a good ladies concealed carry gun if she never has to use it.  FWIW 

phonefly

Opinions - as often said - are like a part of our anatomy often mentioned  - everybody has one.  I am popping some corn to sit back and follow this thread.

I have one of the first version.  It goes bang every time.  Accuracy?  Minute of fox at 15 yards and minute of turkey up a tall pine tree.

Now let's hear it from the Glock Chorus to heat up the thread ----   it's snowing and cold ---  and this is getting entertaining.

Slowpokebill

I'm with studdog. The Lc9 has one of has a horrible trigger making it about useless. The Lc9s was a huge improvement.

lee sykes

I hate short gripped pistols and web slashing slides!  concealable or not, the 1911 (not the officer's model) is the only thing that fits my hand. 

rich223

Like others have said buy a box of ammo ask your friend to try it out and if you like it buy it, everybody has different likes and dislikes the only one who’s opinion matters in this case is yours . The price is ok.

mccuha

Is this something I could flip at that price. 

Marc Ret

What do you intend to do with the gun? Targets, defensive or both?

If defensive, how much is your life worth to you? 

mccuha
46 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

What do you intend to do with the gun? Targets, defensive or both?

If defensive, how much is your life worth to you? 

I was thinking of a small concealed weapon. I would probably shoot it little other than practice