Brad Eden

UJ 2018-The GOOD News and the BAD News...

Brad Eden

Charter and New Members please consider donating to support this Board in 2018, and enjoy enhanced Board privileges and functionality. Info below.

Message added by Brad Eden

Brad Eden

Happy New Year UJers.

The GOOD news is we are enjoying a lot of activity and a steady stream of New Members. Quite remarkable for a "traditional" niche Board/Discussion Forum.

The BAD news is that a consequence of the robust activity on Board has resulted in my monthly Cloud Hosting Plan being Upgraded. The Hosting Plans are based on Online User averages and my monthly cost has almost doubled for 2018. We aren't going under but the beginning of the year is a good time to try and stimulate Donations.

NOTE: We are FINE as far as server/bandwidth/data for Contributing Member photo uploads, etc. so don't sweat that.

SO....PLEASE CHECK YOUR MEMBER GROUP, right under your Avatar. It will be either Members or 2018 CONTRIBUTING MEMBER. (My record keeping is dismal and I will be making an effort to review and clean up Member Groups)

At the start of every month: (Please check your Messages via the Envelope Icon on upper right)

1, I send a "Contributing Member Renewal" Message to Contributing Members who are up for their voluntary yearly renewal.

2, I send a "Member Group Change Notice" to Contributing Members from previous month who forgot, or chose not to renew.

3, If I don't receive a renewal Donation I place those Contributing Members back into the Members Group.

4, I hold out the tin cup...Post periodic Donation/Member Group solicitations to Members at large.

Of course the VOLUNTARY donation structure is the most important component in keeping this UJ Discussion Community available on the internet, so all Members please consider donating and becoming a Contributing Member, and enjoy enhanced Priviliges, including Uploading/Posting Photos without the need for a Photohost site.

Information on Member Groups/Donations/Privileges and Snail Mail and Online Donation payments can be found here:  MEMBER GROUPS, DONATIONS, PRIVILIGES TOPIC 

Thanks for any renewals or new Donators. Very much appreciated!

Any questions please Message me.

rideold

Thanks for the reminder Brad.  Send some $ your way just now.  Well worth the investment.

Brad Eden
11 minutes ago, rideold said:

Thanks for the reminder Brad.  Send some $ your way just now.  Well worth the investment.

Thanks Sean....just spun you into the C-Member Group.

gunsrus

C,mon guys , anti up , what else you going to do in a blizzard with 12" - 16"  of snow coming . This board is a savior !!!

Brad Eden

I have to agree, having this Board to fool around on is a God send when you are trapped inside during a 24 hr blizzard. Even for an admin/moderator. o.O

Sage Hen

I live ten miles from a stop sign thirty from a light. When i want to talk bird hunting, guns, dogs or about anything else (except of course politics) this is where it's at. Living on SS if I can find a way I bet you can too. Plus Maggie likes to look at the pictures of all the handsome bird dogs.

henryrski

God is spelled with a capital "G".

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, henryrski said:

God is spelled with a capital "G".

You need glasses or a new script.

Auto-5

Incoming Brad. I’ll renew when it’s time. Thx for all you do.

Brad Eden

Nice spike in donations started for 2018. Much appreciated!

Big Al

Everybody that uses Upland Journal should be a contributing member.  The cost is small relative to other things we do to entertain ourselves.  C'mon guys.

salmontogue
2 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Everybody that uses Upland Journal should be a contributing member.  The cost is small relative to other things we do to entertain ourselves.  C'mon guys.

I have been here just two years and my only regret is not knowing UJ was available.  I agree that the cost is tiny but the rewards are enormous and so much better than an upscale outdoors magazine that costs about the same. 

I have made hunting friends, dog friends, fishing friends, gun collecting friends etc.  That would not have happened without UJ.  This place is simply hands down the best.

Perk

charlo slim
16 minutes ago, Big Al said:

$0.10 a day is $36.50 p.a..  $0.20 a day is $73 p.a..  And so forth and so on.

ThreeDogs
On 1/4/2018 at 8:43 AM, gunsrus said:

C,mon guys , anti up , what else you going to do in a blizzard with 12" - 16"  of snow coming . This board is a savior !!!

Hard to argue

Brad Eden

Short spin around the Board for anyone who may have missed this.