• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
quailguy

CSMC A-10, Thoughts ??

quailguy

Some of the comments in the Sterlingworth Market thread have me thinking of reducing the herd in the gun safe and getting a really good gun instead. I've had a CSMC RBL 28 and for the price (always excepting that damn, shinny, forend release button) I thought it was a pretty good shotgun.

The A-10 has always intrigued me, it's light weight, durable, comes with 30 inch barrels, takes any sort of shot, is made in the USA, and for the $$$, a nice sidelock 20 gauge at 6 pounds 6oz or so looks very interesting. 

Thoughts?? Pro or con.

Thanks!

25/06

I Have not shot one but I have handled a few. They are essentially a US made Beretta SO gun.

SO guns are know to have a crack behind the side plates if they are shot a ton like in sporting clays. I have a friend who experienced that with

a Beretta SO. I do not know if the A-10 have any issues like that?

I saw one on the shotgun world website for sale forever and also one at the Cole's or some other dealer website (not sure). That gun sat for a very long time also.

I do not know if it was because of the brand or the fact $10K guns don't exactly fly out the door?

JustinCase

A friend has one of the “rose and scroll” 20 gauges, 30” barrels.  It is beautiful and he shoots it well. At the intro price, these guns were a steal. Only hang up now, for me, is the price. But it is a really sweet gun. 

RDG

Read "A-10" in the subject line.   Mind instantly went some where else. 

IMG_0160.JPG

Jazz4Brazo

Groundswatter😆

gunsrus

I've never shot one but I do like them . Not sure if the price is worth it . For my money , someday I will be working with Coles , designing a 20 gauge , black receiver , AAA wood , 30'' tubes , double trigger 6lb gun . I'm pretty sure that can be done for less than half the money of the A-10 .

Greg Hartman

I have no need or desire for a new gun - except I'd buy an a400 in .410 just for fun if they ever make one.  That said, those A-10's sure look like sweet guns, even though I've never seen one in the flesh.  I'm with you on configuration, Rick - a 20 gauge with 30" solid rib bbls, really nice wood in a POW grip butt and minimalist fore end, case colored action with rose-and-scroll, as close to 6 pounds as possible.  The sidelock element is cool for sure, but probably doesn't add anything in terms of real world performance.  Made in the US, steel shot capable, choke tubes and pretty - what's not to like other than the price and nothing good is free.  It would make a great bird gun and would probably work just fine for casual targets, too.

dogrunner
26 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

I've never shot one but I do like them . Not sure if the price is worth it . For my money , someday I will be working with Coles , designing a 20 gauge , black receiver , AAA wood , 30'' tubes , double trigger 6lb gun . I'm pretty sure that can be done for less than half the money of the A-10 .

Don't wait too long your not getting any younger. ;)

gunsrus
6 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

Don't wait too long your not getting any younger. ;)

PRICK , oh the truth hurts !!:D

quailguy
5 hours ago, RDG said:

Read "A-10" in the subject line.   Mind instantly went some where else. 

IMG_0160.JPG

I like this A 10, I just can't afford it !!

quailguy
5 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

I'm with you on configuration, Rick - a 20 gauge with 30" solid rib bbls, really nice wood in a POW grip butt and minimalist fore end, case colored action with rose-and-scroll, as close to 6 pounds as possible. 

That gun of yours is damn nice and I haven't forgotten it; that is why my mind went to CSMC's A-10.

quailguy
5 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Cole's does a pretty good job, for sure. I'm jonesing for an American gun if I can get one that fits the bill.  I agree with Perk on this, sometimes you ought to wait to get the right gun, not the more affordable one. I've always wanted a spiffy US made gun and maybe the A 10 is it?

Kemo Sabe

A very good friend of mine  had an upgraded  20 gauge 30" barrel A-10 done, with an extra set of same length 28 gauge barrels. It's really cool, and he loves it. I like it too, but not better than my Perazzi 20 gauge gamegun. 

Catfish
On 1/4/2018 at 8:50 AM, 25/06 said:

They are essentially a US made Beretta SO gun.

Not true. Totally different lock-up, very similar to the Beretta 686-687 Series. The SO guns have a top cross bolt locking design. The A10 and SO Berettas are both alike as they are sidelocks, and receiver contours are very similar.

25/06
On 1/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, Catfish said:

Not true. Totally different lock-up, very similar to the Beretta 686-687 Series. The SO guns have a top cross bolt locking design. The A10 and SO Berettas are both alike as they are sidelocks, and receiver contours are very similar.

Some SO guns have cross bolt.  Some do not depending on model.... Example of an SO 3 EL on Gun auction website

5a53906b199a9_Screenshot-2018-1-8Beretta-SO3EL12ga.thumb.png.fccf6da6fdfd6c3247e999f39f59edd3.png