Field Grade

Portable jump-start battery

WPG Gizmo

I have a Stanley model works when needed as long as it has a charge and it holds a charge for some time if not used as a plus I can recharge my cell phone from it thru the USB port.

steveziv
12 hours ago, RDG said:

I wouldn't think so.  A battery can't "push" volts, it nearly has the capability to supply them. The device using the voltage determines the "pull" from the battery, in this case the vehicles starter.  

VooDoo  O.o

Cubby
46 minutes ago, WPG Gizmo said:

I have a Stanley model works when needed as long as it has a charge and it holds a charge for some time if not used as a plus I can recharge my cell phone from it thru the USB port.

I have 2 of the Stanley Simple Starts (1 for each vehicle). I used it to jump a V8 Dodge truck in -15C weather a few weeks back.

https://www.stanleytools.com/products/automotive-tools/other-tools/power-station/simple-start-lithium-ion-battery-booster/p2g7s

I just picked up a RavPower RP-PB007  to carry with me when snowmobiling since I own a 4 stroke Yamaha and a 4 stroke Ski Doo. No pull start on those.

RGSIII

The Geniuses in their various flavors do there job.  The Genius battery chargers are great too.  I have a number of older miscellaneous brands that work well after many years--they are too big.  The geniuses are compact  using a USB to charge the Geniuses is a plus.

Moomps

I purchased the NOCO Genius GB40 1000a model because one of my big fears is being out in the middle of no where hunting and my old truck not starting cuz of a dead battery.  Now at least that fears gone.  Now on to the next one....

frak

I’ve got a brightech from Amazon.  I can’t remember how many amps, but it was suffucint to turn over a friend’s pickup or suv (6 cyl whatever it was).  Besides jumping a car, they come with attachments to power your iPhone or PC.  Ive given a passel of these for Christmas gifts and people like them.  Oh, and they are handy if you need a jump and no one is around.

just look for the amps that are sufficient to turn over your engine.  

Brad Eden

So what's the best bet? Genius GB40 1000 amp for around $100 or the Genius GB70 2000 amp at around $200. For anything from a 4 clinder SUV to 8 cylinder truck, possibly a sub-compact tractor (someday), garden tractor etc.? 

Jim Vander

I have a GB40, keep it in truck just in case. It has no trouble starting my 5.7L Toyota. Holds a charger very well once jumped a gmc 2500 with it for a guy and it had been under my back seat for a good month and fired him right up. Id buy it again.

Brookieslayer

I  have an Antigravity Battery microstart  XP-10, goes with me everywhere. I left the electric cooler plugged in overnight one night needed it to get the rig moving in the morning. Glad I had it!

WI Outdoor Nut

Been thinking I should get one of these myself.  My needs are a couple of 4 stroke snowmobiles, 300 horse 4 stroke outboard and v6 car/truck motors. 

Any thoughts on what one is the best for my needs, or am I looking at two different models.?

gunsrus

Looks like the GB 40 . I am going to get one for my daughter for when she's skiing in Maine and steal it back when hunting the backwoods logging roads by myself in Maine . Thanks to all for recommending one . $100 cheap ins .

Brookieslayer

Any of 'em that have an ability to jump start a vehicle more than once on a single charge should get you what you need. An ability to charge other devices is also a plus! Take a look at the Anti Gravity ones or something similar

sidelock

Do any of these units have enough power and capable of starting  a 5.9 diesel engine ?

Brookieslayer
18 minutes ago, sidelock said:

Do any of these units have enough power and capable of starting  a 5.9 diesel engine ?

The Anitigravity starts my 6.7 multiple times. The big one

sidelock
33 minutes ago, Brookieslayer said:

The Anitigravity starts my 6.7 multiple times. The big one

Thanks.