• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Crazy Horse

Brush Pants:

Crazy Horse

https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/mens-fire-hose-briar-pants-20201.aspx?p_redirect=1&p_keyword=Briar Pants&p_origin=mens-pants

It's hard to find a really good pair of brush /briar pants. I just received these from Duluth and am very pleased with them. They're roomy in the legs and the nylon (Cordura??) on the front and back of the legs is really tough material. The only negative I could find was there are no zippers on the leg bottoms. Other than that they are great. The price is right. On sale now for $49, reduced from $75.

Don Steese

That looks like a really good deal.

rawhide

While I would rather have overalls, those and a good pair of suspenders would fill the bill very nicely.  The price is a real bargain: I may buy a pair even though I don't need them.

duluthUPLAND

Great deal, I've been interested in these pants for some time. My only wish is that they utilized their DuluthFlex stretch canvas for the upper portion. I have some of their other pants in DuluthFlex that I really like.

sidelock

I can never make any sense of why some manufacturers choose to produce hunting garments the same color as deer. Just sayin ! 

Crazy Horse

They make them in that color because men won't wear pink pants....at least most men won't.  ;~)

dogrunner

I have been wearing a pair for 3 years. There decent. A little heavy ,100% cotton. I wish the front pockets were deeper. The facing is nice but certain things will penetrate them. A good price but they don’t have 30” inseam right now for us short guys. Oh and made in China like a lot of there stuff. 

A856869E-72AC-4BFF-A110-F3F33308356A.jpeg

98E26D53-2A27-41D0-A9CB-D4B3244EADB7.jpeg

sidelock
13 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

They make them in that color because men won't wear pink pants....at least most men won't.  ;~)

Genius !

Crazy Horse

"Runner," the pants I just ordered and received are 30 inch inseam.

dogrunner
6 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Not in 32” waist  at least they don’t show it.  

sidelock
2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I didn't know they had them in your favorit color pink !

Crazy Horse
47 minutes ago, sidelock said:

I didn't know they had them in your favorit color pink !

Actually, they're "Shocking Pink." And they fit like a small hotel.  ;~)  No Ballroom.

topdog1961
On January 6, 2018 at 2:50 PM, rawhide said:

While I would rather have overalls, those and a good pair of suspenders would fill the bill very nicely.  The price is a real bargain: I may buy a pair even though I don't need them.

I prefer bibs also. I got to much belly and not enough arse for my pants to stay up when the going gets rough. I've been lamentimg for years about Carhart discontinuing their upland bibs. Mine are about worn out after only 10-12 years of hard use. But it looks like Dan's makes several styles at reasonable prices. 

https://windwalkeroutdoors.com/high-n-dry-briarproof-bibs-dans-hunting-gear/

Hub

I wore these pants on a late season prairie hunt for a week where I was really  stacking on the miles.  I think I had around 65 miles in 3 full days and two half days hunting.  The way they have that weird diamond sewn into the crotch for extra 'ball room' rubbed the inside of my thighs bloody because of how the seams were catching me..  By day 5 I was walking like I just got done riding a horse cross country.  I don't know if it was made worse because I was wet all the time or if they would have been a problem either way.  I can tell you one thing though, they won't be making an appearance on my late season trips anymore.  I will stick with my Faced wranglers.  The Duluth pants seem a bit warm for early season for me as well.  I much prefer my Browning Upland pants before it dips below 30.  These pants might wind up being a waste of $70 for me....at least I bought them with a gift certificate.  I really like some of their other stuff for camping and fishing though.  

msuhunter

I have a pair of these brush pants and wore them most of the season. I purchased them a couple of years ago and certainly paid more than $49.00. While they''re comfortable to wear they're a little baggy. Other drawbacks as stated above is shallow front as well as rear pockets and no flaps or zippers on the back pockets. The facing on the front should come up higher as they're a little low. The facing on the back legs should also be higher. They have side pockets that my TT transmitter fits into nicely so that's a plus. Had I not purchased a pair of brush pants at Cablea's before the season started and never used I probably would purchase another pair from DTC. It's disappointing that most of their line is made in China and the pricing is higher than most other companies. The return policy is suppose to be 1st rate but I've never had to return anything so can state for sure. I do have a upland shirt from DTC and it's well made but too heavy for anything other than late season hunting and the buttons are small which makes buttoning difficult.