Crazy Horse

Brush Pants:

Coveyrise64

I looked but have no need for a hammer loop on my brush pants or the small pockets on the sides that do nothing but catch trash.

cr

dogrunner

They are a heavier type pant and are a little baggy.  I have used them in lots of very wet weather especially last season never got a rash, but lots of times I wear spandex type underwear which is light, tight and slippery. Those are not really hammer loops there too small and I never had a problem with them catching on anything. I would not buy a new pair for $70, but for the on sale price there not bad. 

WMassGriff

I'm sticking with Bean's. Love the tick cuffs! I do pretreat them with tick spray as well as all my other hunting clothing.

grouse28

I have a pair, Yep, baggy, heavy, hammer,(brush), loop. Agree with the comments on the facing.

Actually tiring to walk in because of the bulk.

Moomps

I have quite a few pairs of Duluth Trading pants including the briar ones mentioned above.  I also recently purchased a pair of the their lined fire-hose pants that were great during an 11 below hunt tournament a few weeks ago.  I really like their products - especially the pants.

steveziv

Sorry to be "that guy" but ... I recently bought a couple pair of similar, probably lighter Wrangler Pro Gear Upland Pants. 

They are Cordura face Wrangler jeans (comfortable, affordable).  $37 here ,cheaper on ebay.

If I expect to dive into the thick stuff I forgo the upland pants for canvas + chaps.

Chukarman

Denim wranglers and Filson 'tin' chaps. Never found any brush pants that fit right and did the job.

NVChukarChaser

I’m trying out three styles of 5.11 pants after I lost both pairs of my Duluth’s to various hunting accidents and wear. The Stryker and Ridgeline pants are quite promising. The Stryker are quite light weight and I like the pockets design. The Ridgelines rip stop and heavier material is also nice. Pretty impressed so far but will get back on how long they last. 

Dogwood

Just bought a pair of denim Wranglers with cordura nylon facing.  Very comfortable, great fit, and approx. $35 bucks!!!

dgfavor
On 1/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, NVChukarChaser said:

I’m trying out three styles of 5.11 pants after I lost both pairs of my Duluth’s to various hunting accidents and wear. The Stryker and Ridgeline pants are quite promising. The Stryker are quite light weight and I like the pockets design. The Ridgelines rip stop and heavier material is also nice. Pretty impressed so far but will get back on how long they last. 

Ive been using the 5.11 for several years now. Really like em.  Started to wear thru so lately i've been swapping between a couple pairs of the TruSpec Xpeditions and they're pretty sweet for the chukar hills...stretch panels, thigh zips to ventilate, cuff gards and boot zips.  

https://www.truspec.com/24-7-series/pants/men-s-24-7-xpedition-pants

ThreeDogs

http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-field-hacking-pants/81980.html?dwvar_81980_color=MJVK&cgid=mens-pants-jeans#tile-38=&start=1&sz=60

I really like these. I hate cotton anything for upland hunting once its wet it never dries the rest of the day. I have a pair of these and a pair of Patagonia's alpine guide pants. They are all I wear except for early season Chukar. 

grouse28
On 1/30/2018 at 11:49 AM, Dogwood said:

Just bought a pair of denim Wranglers with cordura nylon facing.  Very comfortable, great fit, and approx. $35 bucks!!!

I have a couple of pair, they are holding up well. If it gets really rough i wear a pair of chaps over them.

I have a pair that the protected areas are Flo-orange. Look like a real dork wearing them, but certainly seen in the woods!

Spin
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Crazy Horse said:

They make them in that color because men won't wear pink pants....at least most men won't.  ;~)

No Kidding! And here I heard you look ravishing in pink.   9_9

Spin

Brush pants? Got em, Use em - sometimes. Most times I just wear carpenter's jeans.  Double facing denim in front and then from there to below the knees.

Comfortable and generally adequate to the task. Cost is around $17.00 or $18.00 a pair. I find them at Walmart or Fleet&Farm.