Dogwood

Belichek to interview for Lions Head Coach

GB Jack
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't know how any can hate Belichek. It is like hating the Michelin tire character and he is sooooo cute.

8CDDD4CE-607E-4C7E-BB63-E96E9391A244.png

406dn
17 minutes ago, GB Jack said:

To be fair,,,,,the Goonies lady dresses a little more stylishly. And Bill doesn't usually look quite as cheerful as pictured here.

Brad Eden

Steelers? Are they a college team? Never mind, I'll Google it.

jeff88
On 1/7/2018 at 7:47 AM, WPG Gizmo said:

ESPN is trying to get players and staff all riled up with fake news as the Pats are 2-1 favorites to win the SB

If ESPN is the source, it is shaky at best.  ESPN has become the sports equivalent of the National Enquirer, they have only one goal and that is to attract eyes and ears to their sports stations/print outlets.  If I was to see a headline such as this:  "Tom Brady abducted by aliens" on any ESPN outlet, I would not be shocked.   (Although we from the 'Burgh wouldn't mind this actually happening.  9_9)

What I saw from ESPN during the Jerry Sandusky criminal case was the sports crawler with the name Paterno 8-1 ratio of Sandusky.  (That is according to Pew Research.)  According to the Quinnipiac* survey, 1 in 4 believe Joe Paterno raped children.  Source for this?  ESPN.  There is no story they won't twist and turn to increase viewership.  According to Mike Greenberg, if someone sneezes in west Cleveland, Lebron James may be in danger of missing games due to a flu.  This is how these folks roll.  No matter where you come down on Penn State or Paterno, your opinion was shaped straight out of ESPN unless you really took a deep dive into what happened there and who did what or not.  It makes me ill to see this crap hit the newsstands without a single named source.  

*Quinnipiac University is a private, nonsectarian, coeducational university located in Hamden, Connecticut, at the foot of Sleeping Giant State Park. The nationally prominent Quinnipiac University Polling Institute has its offices there.  

Harry

Brad: You are close that’s what we like. Hate combined with BULLSHIT. 

Brad Eden

Too easy.

Harry

I told you, we revel in it. While the Pats cry and whine. Some cheese????

gunsrus
1 hour ago, GB Jack said:

And Lombardi(my favorite) NEVER had a scowl on his face !!!!!  Don't call me again for Fox info !!!!

jeff88
7 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Although unlikely, someday you haters may enjoy a coach, a QB, a team...a franchise as successful as those of us In New England do. It's a sweet thing, even if we have to bear the burden of greatness hatefullness. Great games yesterday. Next week Pats vs TItans. Even though the Pats are the GOAT, anything can happen in a playoff game.

Interesting Brad.  PGH fans know exactly what it means to have a great NFL football team.  One thing that you neglect - over the years the Steelers went from being enjoyed in W. PA to all over the world.  I have seen them in TV in China (twice) and Malaysia once.  The Pats, while definitely the most successful team of this millennium, do not have a national fan base.  Go to a sports bar in TX, in ID, in GA or anywhere else outside of New England - the non-local team fans are either Steelers, Packers or Cowboy fans by an large margin.  Pats fans?  Not many at all.  Why?  Maybe it's something other than hate that leaves New England an also ran according to general fan appreciation.  Or maybe they are the Nuveau Riche of the NFL?  The other teams I mention above are definitely old money in this generation of NFL fans.

You have seen me post in here that I believe there is no better QB than Brady in the history of the NFL so I am no hater, I admire the Pats.  But it will be interesting to see you and the other Pats fans support them when Brady and Belichic are gone.  Even when the Stillerz were playing some pretty bad years in the 80's and other times, you still could not get anywhere near season tickets access.  I put my name on the waiting list in the mid-90's and right now, I have to wait until 203x at the earliest.  

Harry

Jeff, 

It is a waste of words to try and have them comprehend reality. They revel in being understood and having their feelings acknowledged.

Brady is the best QB in the league as long as he doesn’t get hit much and has Gronkowski healthy. 😉

Addition. Bud just turned down 10K for rights to his two mediocre season tickets. Instead he signed them over to his Daughter. 

dogrunner

2C4E9A4F-EA08-484C-A19B-955A6F853E33.jpeg

GB Jack
58 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

And Lombardi(my favorite) NEVER had a scowl on his face !!!!!  Don't call me again for Fox info !!!!

Hahahahaha Lombardi had a few good years, he was no bellicheck 

Millriver
22 hours ago, GB Jack said:

I would t count on two years, he hit quite a shelf this year. ESPN reporting so mi h so that bill wanted to start jimmy G, that’s what started this mess. Now not saying he can’t or won’t play, but even the greatest stop at 40 ala favre, etc 

Brady led the league in passing yards and had the third highest passer rating behind Drew Brees and Alex Smith( who's now watching the playoffs from home). I'd like to be on that shelf he hit! 

salmontogue
1 minute ago, Millriver said:

Brady led the league in passing yards and had the third highest passer rating behind Drew Brees and Alex Smith( who's now watching the playoffs from home). I'd like to be on that shelf he hit! 

The haters on here just don't get it.  They also have stupid dogs unable to find birds which really doesn't matter because they couldn't hit them anyway.....poor wingshots that they are.  They probably cannot throw a football either.  Nuff said.

Perk

atticus

Is this the return of the "genius" thread??