• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
elkhunter

Upland Obsession- Upland Jedi AKA (DgFavor)

elkhunter

I went out with the Upland Jedi yesterday to learn of his ways.... I fell down and scratched my gun, rolled my ankle twice and had to hike to the bottom of a canyon to shoot one stupid chukar... And we saw tons of sage grouse which I got this cool little shot on the cam. Enjoy!

floodcity

Cool video. Nice to see you guys can still hunt this late in the season. Grouse season is closed here so not much to do but keep warm. May harass the local rabbits.

elkhunter
3 minutes ago, floodcity said:

Cool video. Nice to see you guys can still hunt this late in the season. Grouse season is closed here so not much to do but keep warm. May harass the local rabbits.

Sage grouse are closed but thats all we have been running into lately it seems. Saw a few coveys of chukars and a covey of huns. Good times.

forestdump

Nice video I've gotta get across the river next year and chase some of those bombers. 

ElGordo

You Idaho boys make me so jelly.....

ThreeDogs

Jedi or Wookiee??? just sayin....

dgfavor

xDxD  Not a Star Wars dude so idea...but Wookie sounds like probably an accurate fit!!

Yet another nice piece of work by Sadie - pretty dang solid in the uplands for sure!!  Great piece of work by Woody too nailing that covey down off the ridge.  My dogs have been taught to never point birds up or down a hill steeper than 2%.

Trophy chukarbird - takes a dog willing to ramble thru some country to find 'em out there:

20180108_140931b_zpsk4eida6j.jpg

Chuck with the snatch retrieve during the trophy shot:

20180108_150107_001b_zpsxe32e1qd.jpg