topdog1961

One more...the hard way

topdog1961
11 hours ago, mccuha said:

I know people hit deer all the time but how many of you have had a deer run into your car?   

In 2008 I bought a brand new truck. Less than a week owning it I took my son to the coast for a youth draw duck hunt.  All the perticipants met at a place on the property then followed a dnr guy to a parking spot about a mile a way.  Well I was stopped dead still in a dirt road waiting for the people in front of me to park so I could enter. All of a sudden I heard a very loud crash sound on my passenger side front door.  Didn’t know what just happened. I pulled in to a spot.  I got out to try and figure out what just happened. A guy behind me parked next to me and said that a huge buck ran head first into the side of the truck.  Tore that door to hell. I don’t know how it didn’t come through.  I’m glad it didn’t because my son could have been seriously injured. The guy said the buck laid in the road for a moment like he was knocked out. Then got up and walked away. We went out after the hunt to see if we could find it but there was no luck.  I was sick. Cost me a good bit of money to fix it. It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever experienced with a deer 

Moral of the story here- try not to drive shiny new trucks into deer hot spots during rut. If you have to, at least dirty them up so bucks can't see their reflection. THAT'S why I drive a 20 year old truck ☹️

A couple months ago my nephew had a huge buck put his antlers through the back drivers side window of his Tahoe as he was driving down the road doing about 40. 

Clueless1

Not saying this happened, but we still laugh about a co-workers story.  His son was at a concert with the family mini-van.  Bob went out the next morning to take that car to work.  Seems a window was missing.  

When he went in and woke his son up to ask what happened the answer was "We shut the door and the window fell out."  Ummm, yeah.  It's been 15 years and the 'kid' still sticks to that story.   

My son gets his license today so we are wondering what kind of story's we will hear out of this one.  

topdog1961

If they're all like this one, I will start picking up roadkill too. I've lost more meat to a slug. Damage was localized to right side ribs, right where I taught him to aim. Not much meat there, and everything else was fine. I think the car came out worse, at least for physical damage. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

topdog1961

Body shops must be less expensive around here, or parts way cheaper for this car. The estimate from my body shop that does great work is $2,400.