Treerooster

I'm such a klutz

Brad Eden

That's tough. Nothing wrong with short barrels. To commiserate on dings and such. My Citori Upland Special was reasonably new when I was heading into a sweet bird spot, probably 20 years ago. Like a lot of the northeast, some dickwad had dumped a bunch of house debris near the cover, as I walked around it I banged the stock of the shotgun against the corner of an old upturned stove or fridge, can't remember which. Cracked the lacquer finish and gouged the crap out of it. I was so distracted and kept looking at it, feeling sick to my stomach, I didn't even shoot at a bird. Now that shotgun is totally beat up and the receiver worn to a silver patina.  

Treerooster
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Brad Eden said:

That's tough. Nothing wrong with short barrels. To commiserate on dings and such. My Citori Upland Special was reasonably new when I was heading into a sweet bird spot, probably 20 years ago. Like a lot of the northeast, some dickwad had dumped a bunch of house debris near the cover, as I walked around it I banged the stock of the shotgun against the corner of an old upturned stove or fridge, can't remember which. Cracked the lacquer finish and gouged the crap out of it. I was so distracted and kept looking at it, feeling sick to my stomach, I didn't even shoot at a bird. Now that shotgun is totally beat up and the receiver worn to a silver patina.  

Yeah I hear ya.

As I said, this gun had a dent before that I had taken out. I was sick to my stomach when that happened, cussed a bit too. Then I put another smaller dent in the barrel. I decided I could live with that dent. Now this happened. I just said "well crap" and headed back to the truck...only a little upset that I had to quit hunting and was going to be out some dollars.

For me...when a gun was made or who made it, whether its walnut & blued steel or synthetic camo doesn't give a gun it's character or "soul" as some have put it. Its the dings and worn metal and the history of a gun that make it more than just a tool.

Spider

Can you get extended chokes for the thinwalls? If so, won't lose any barrel length at all.