• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
A516

Blaser F16 Game Gun

A516

Has anyone owned, shot or handled a Blaser F16 Game shotgun?  I am interested in any comments on this shotgun.  Any information is appreciated.

RDG

Why do they keep naming all these guns after cool airplanes.  

IMG_0164.thumb.JPG.1452394426f522015a3cc98bb0f5ffba.JPG

Kurt

I googled the Baser F16 and I can offer only that I like the looks of the gun and that the Germans went all out engineering it into a price range of $3700. to $4000.+. I would also say that based on its austere looks, but for wood, I don't know why they did that? Course there's not much engraving on the F16 in RDG post but there is a lot of engineering. I think it is a young man's gun or a young minded man's gun. To my way of thinking they should have used engineering to bring it in around $1500. but they know their target market better than I. I still use a flip phone.

lee sykes

I have never cared the look of their rfles either but I am sure they are top notch.  

studdog

Blaser is known to make top notch products.

ThreeDogs

They are heavy, heavier than the posted weight. They weigh closer to 8 lbs than 7. So for a game gun not so much.

Kemo Sabe

Three Dogs:

I don't own a Blazer, but have handled and shot both the F16 and the F3, as a good friend of mine is now working for them. Now, the F3 is their newer, lesser expensive gun that comes in both a Sporting Clays and a Gamegun configuration. The F3 Gamegun is under 8 pounds. The one I shot was 7 pounds 9 ounces. Still heavy for most people as a gamegun, per se. 

The 8 pound F3 Sporting Clays guns are much heavier -- 8 1/2 to 8 3/4 pounds. They do not make a Gamegun for that model.  

Harry

Great mechanics and one of the best and fastest triggers ever made. They make a fine competition gun, but as mentioned these carry too heavy for a game gun. 

Would make a great Dove gun or one for stationary pass shooting. 

Garbi

Agreed, I had an F16 Sporter which was great but I’d don’t see that the F16 offers much as a game gun, better options out there in that category.

ThreeDogs
12 minutes ago, Garbi said:

Agreed, I had an F16 Sporter which was great but I’d don’t see that the F16 offers much as a game gun, better options out there in that category.

If they made a 20 gauge version that weighed 6-6.5 lb they would do great!