fourtrax57

Passing on your firearms

fourtrax57

If you don't have children.

Who would you select to inherit your firearms & how would you decide? What criteria would you use?

Giving UJ-ers a chance to pontificate here. 

Dongotto

My boys will get my guns, but not because they are my sons. They will get them because they share hunts and make memories with me and those guns. So, for me my guns would go to who ever sharred in my hunts and understood how much I enjoyed my guns. Cousin, son of a friend, you get the point. If my boys didn't care about hunting and shooting they would not get them just to sell. 

Dave in Maine

I took some time to think it through, and set forth in my Will who gets which of my guns and, in some instances, why.  For example, a friend gets one of my shotguns "which he has long admired".  Another gets a different shotgun "because I want him to have a better shotgun".

Of course, it helps to be a lawyer and therefore able to do my own Will just the way I want.

bennelli-banger

all of the above...my gunsmith gets one of my guns that he did incredible work on..I know how proud he is of the work he performed...I have told him this...he is older than me by 14 years...we will see.  

gunsrus

I am waiting for a Son ln Law to arrive !:D

Marc Ret
1 minute ago, gunsrus said:

I'll be arriving the end of October, beginning of November.

salmontogue
11 minutes ago, Dave in Maine said:

I took some time to think it through, and set forth in my Will who gets which of my guns and, in some instances, why.  For example, a friend gets one of my shotguns "which he has long admired".  Another gets a different shotgun "because I want him to have a better shotgun".

Of course, it helps to be a lawyer and therefore able to do my own Will just the way I want.

Don't forget who told you where to find a moose.

Perk

BlacknTan

Mine will be sold and my heirs can fight over the money!

Craig Doherty
30 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

I thought the Evil Clown was getting all your guns.  At least that's what he told me.  Even said he might let me have a couple.

gunsrus
4 minutes ago, Craig Doherty said:

I thought the Evil Clown was getting all your guns.  At least that's what he told me.  Even said he might let me have a couple.

Ya and he promised to marry my daughter 5 years ago ......... cold feet I guess , he never showed up !

Hub

I want my wife to smash all my nice guns on the coffin when I croak......real tears for my friends and family.  :D

Don Steese
52 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Ya and he promised to marry my daughter 5 years ago ......... cold feet I guess , he never showed up !

A real blessing for your daughter!!:x

Samuel Hoggson
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

So am I.  :)   

grouse28

Al, i can be there in a few hours!

Zoli 16ga.

my kids have already divided them up....literally! And I'm only 55!