FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
DAP

PA Game Commission - Grouse Cooperators

DAP

Don't forget to mail in your surveys if you are a Pennsylvania Game Commission Ruffed Grouse Cooperator.

dogrunner

What do they ask you on it?

terc

date hunted / hours hunted / county hunted / # of flushes / grouse killed

Curt

Oops!  I thought they weren't taking wings, feathers, and blood samples this past season.  I'm in Florida for another eight weeks and my form is at home in PA so they won't be getting mine I guess.  I didn't spend much time hunting in Pennsylvania this past season anyway, so mine wouldn't be much help to them.

jeff88

Was a participant for a long time when I lived in W PA.  Back then we mailed in forms at the end of the season with the info Terc listed above.  For some reason I recall adding woodcock info along with other input and turned the form into a bit of a tracking journal.  For instance, I put in the SGL hunted on a particular date.  I copied all my submissions and kept them in binders, the pages served as really cool memories.  

dogrunner

That’s the same as the Mi Pheasant survey. Only I think they ask if dogs were used. 

terc

Now that you mentioned it, they do ask if a dog was used.

DAP
19 minutes ago, terc said:

Now that you mentioned it, they do ask if a dog was used.

Where did you find that the PGC asked about dog use in the Grouse cooperator form?  The only other thing I see that hasn't been mentioned is "number of years grouse hunting".  

http://www.pgc.pa.gov/InformationResources/GetInvolved/Documents/grouse_data_form.pdf

terc

I mailed the form yesterday. I'll see if I have another copy when I get home. I could be wrong.

Dave