Canuck

Expensive pheasant

Canuck

So last week my wife and I were enjoying a delicious meal of Baked Pheasant in Cream. As I bit down on a piece of pheasant leg a small piece of bone got between one of  my two front teeth and my bottom teeth. As I bit down we heard a loud crack and one of my top front teeth was left wobbling in its socket. Went to the dentist yesterday. They pulled the tooth which was broken in two pieces. Sent me home with three choices. Get a "flapper" to replace the tooth ($300), a three tooth bridge ($2500) or an implant ($4000). I told my wife I could just go with the "hockey player" look! She thinks not!

So let's see... a bird licence that allows me to bring 12 pheasants home ($150)...food and fuel ($400)...dog, dog food and vet bills ($??) ...$4000 for a new tooth...watching my dog retrieve the pheasant that got me...priceless.

Canuck

dogrunner

Go with hockey player since your handle is Canuck.   :D

Canuck

I had a badly chipped front tooth years ago and I can say that the world looks at you differently when you are missing a tooth!!

Crazy Horse

I'd say get the implant, but shop around different dentists. There are better prices out there.

garyRI

Eating a pheasant leg? 

They are like a bunch of needles wrapped in skin.

Canuck

One of my favorite parts...so succulent...and nobody else wants them.

Big Al

All pheasants are expensive.  Just some more so than others.

Brad Eden

That bites...my teeth are a mess so feel your pain. Bad teeth genetics. I'm one molar removal from an implant or partial denture. Actually I'm missing other teeth so could likely spend 10k plus on implants. But pigs fly like Pheasant too, I hear.

MNice

NHL!

Brookieslayer

As a fellow Canuck I feel your pain for the cost of dental work here in Canada. I know of some people that have gone to other countries to have some dental work done and saved $1000's

Good luck with the Dentist!

Cooter Brown

If you're thinking about an implant do your research.  A poorly done one is going to be more expensive in the long run than one done properly.

I'm going through this right now with an upper front tooth.

sprocket

BadForUsWorseForThem6.jpg

charlo slim
56 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

If you're thinking about an implant do your research.  A poorly done one is going to be more expensive in the long run than one done properly.

I'm going through this right now with my only remaining front tooth.

Good luck with it, Cooter.

25/06

Pulled a broken tooth?

Do you live in 1979?

I broke a chunk out of  one of my teeth on side behind incissor?? and they capped it no big deal looks better than new.

I have a front one that was getting ground down and they built it up 2 years ago still going strong.

Edited and took out comment on socialized medicine.

I sincerely hope you have a good solution.

I would sell my favorite shotgun and throw the dog in on the deal to ensure my teeth remain good!

Good luck

Remo

Canuck, that's a small price to pay to dine with the King. Actually, I know what your are going through. 1 steel shot two years ago....