• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
Crazy Horse

Dog Tags:

Kansas Bound

Those might work really well on the Alpha collars. 

Thanks for sharing.

topdog1961

Thanks for reminding me. Time to buy my 2018 dog tags. With three dogs that's not cheap, and it doubles after the soon to expire grace period. I think they're around $20 each here. 

rawhide

The stainless steel Boomerang Slide on Collar Tags are sturdy pieces.  

Recently, A customer asked me  to make a T2CL Call Lanyard and incorporate a collar slide tag as the slide on the lanyard.  It was a challenge that I accepted (that is the essence of custom braiding lanyards),  and I thoroughly enjoyed the project.  Finding a braided knot that fit and worked in the collar slide openings took a bit of experimenting, but the result was a unique  lanyard slide that works well and, more importantly, commemorates a champion by displaying the tag from his collar.  The two sets of call loops on the lanyard legs are for custom-made, two-piece calls.  The attachment knots on the two drops slide up and down the braid of the lanyard cheeks.  The customer loaded the lanyard to full capacity with his duck and goose bands. Projects such as this are a prime reason I like this wee business of mine!

5a57a0fe3dcc1_T2CLDogCollarTagSlide.thumb.jpg.adc8a4796d35cf8d971842facdf49bc5.jpg

Crazy Horse

Wow Larry that is a unique style lanyard. Really cool.

rawhide

Thanks.  After the hours of experimenting to get those sliding knots on the collar tag so they worked and looked good, I didn't make a profit on the lanyard, but the satisfaction in accomplishing the design requested was adequate compensation.  After nearly 30 years of custom braiding lanyards, I am still learning things.  I am grateful for customers who ask me to do things I have not done before!

GuyO

Those are really nice tags. These are the ones I use. Lion Country supply can make them using the same tags they put on collars. This is one I can’t use anymore because I have moved. I need a couple more and may try those you linked to John.

8B1ADDC4-D538-49E4-8E2A-C199F793E91B.jpeg

gunsrus
2 hours ago, Kansas Bound said:

Those might work really well on the Alpha collars. 

Thanks for sharing.

Yes they do . I have these on their Dogtra's and their regular daily collars also . What's nice is when the regular collars wear out , take it off and slip it on the new one . 

dogrunner
37 minutes ago, GuyO said:

Those are really nice tags. These are the ones I use. Lion Country supply can make them using the same tags they put on collars. This is one I can’t use anymore because I have moved. I need a couple more and may try those you linked to John.

Thats what I have too. 

Fire Marshal Bill

I have those tags also. What is nice about them is I have a tag for Ct. and when I'm Florida (now)  I change to the tag with my Florida address.

dogrunner

The rings could be a hair smaller. 

BlacknTan
2 hours ago, GuyO said:

I've used this same type for years from Dogs Unlimited. Used to be John Ingram, but the new owners are good folks also.

They're great if you travel to a different location to hunt. You can add a local contact info..