• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE add more info than just  "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering it is not bullet proof, so Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a warm blooded human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Thank you.
topdog1961

Thanks Brad

topdog1961

I believe it was you who posted about running venison burger cut through the grinder twice, once on coarse and then fine. I always only ground course. I tried that today with my son's roadkill deer. All but  the backstrap got ground then mixed for breakfast sausage or brats. I sampled some sausage this evening and really enjoyed the finer texture. I can't wait for breakfast. But be warned, the fine grind takes a lot longer than the coarse. 

Brad Eden

Cool. I'm new to the electric grinder and just started doing the coarse and then fine. I guess most people do the coarse grind twice. The Cabelas grinder I have does both course and fine grind pretty quick. I can't see any difference in the time.