TimJ

Better way to carry Dogtra transmitter?

TimJ

I really like the Dogtra 2500 t&b I purchased this fall...well except for one thing. I do not like how the transmitter hangs. My old DT transmitter was easy to grab without looking at and know what I was doing. The Dogtra hangs from the top and is sometimes spun around. With gloves on I have to look at it any time I want to hit locate.

Anyone know a better way to hang it or of a holster that is user friendly? A holster or clipping it on aren't too appealing to me since when he's over 100 yards it seems like it works best if I hold it in front of me with the antanea up.

Maybe it's just me that has issues with it. I'd much prefer it to hang from the bottom without a swivel.

Tim

terrym

I just clip mine on the left side front loop of my hunting vest and have the lanyard around my neck. 

ScottGrush

I clip mine on the left shoulder (right hand shooter) strap of my strap vest up high. No lanyard. 

Sew on a piece of webbing about as wide as the opening in the clip, that will keep it tight and upright. 

WPG Gizmo

Carry mine in a pocket

atticus

I carry mine in a pocket along with the Garmin. Both lanyards are tied together and connected to a beaner in my top button hole. 

Cold Iron

Have gone to the Alpha but still have a 2500 (no T&B) that I occasionally use. I do know that you do not want to carry it by the lanyard only. About a dozen years ago when the Dogtra at the time was about 10 years old I was hunting and when I got back to the truck it was missing. Drove 90 miles back the next weekend to retrace my steps on the slim hope that I could find it. Got out of the truck and almost stepped on it. The plastic ring that the split ring attaches to on the housing had broken.

Just checked my current 2500 and it is still the same design. IMO you need a better way to secure it than just the lanyard. I picked up a leather holster with the holes in the case to press the buttons but almost never use the Dogtra anymore. Just did a search and can't find the one I purchased just the hard case ones. I know it wasn't the normal LCS or GDS but can't remember where I got it.

TimJ

Thanks everyone. It might just be that I'm not use to the transmitter yet. I'll have to try finding a comfortable spot to clip it on.

Tim

bntsetter

I put mine on the outside of my right hand side pocket on my vest.  That's where I keep it for training also so I can use it almost immediately without looking.