2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
watermen

perfect weather for smoking

watermen

60 degrees, high humidity,  and a stiff breeze makes this a perfect day to finish off some fillets.

IMG_0144.jpg

SEPAlander

Different cut of meat, but I was thi kwas JV the same thing. Have a pork butt on now, should be ready for the Eagles game

SODAKer

I agree. No picts, Prime Rib roast, heavy kosher salt/cracked pepper/and garlic, apple wood,  225 degrees,cooked to medium rare/medium all the way through. Acute episode of increased cholesterol but worth every fat goblet. 

charlo slim

10# "goose sticks" showing, 10# goose salami hiding in behind. Weather is a bit cold.... but we will get to 160 F. 

IMG_1105.JPG

watermen

That looks like a great use for goose breasts.  Do you have to add fat?  85 temp difference from four days ago here according to weather headline:D  Gotta love it in the middle of everywhere,MO.

charlo slim
34 minutes ago, watermen said:

That looks like a great use for goose breasts.  Do you have to add fat?  85 temp difference from four days ago here according to weather headline:D  Gotta love it in the middle of everywhere,MO.

Actually the sticks and salami are mostly made up of legs and wings, with a few shot-up breast filets tossed in.  Breast filets from old birds go to jerky, pulled goose, or corned goose.  Filets from young birds go to broil or to goose cutlets parmesan.

Yep, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20% fatty pork seems abouit right in the grind.

85 degree swing in a few days?? Jeebus Criminy, man!! Good luck.

SEPAlander

After having the flu earlier this week, and cleaning up from the winter storm late this week, the weather was nice today so decided to try my first smoke on a brisket. Was a smallish brisket at around 6lbs, put a 7hr cook on it at 220F, used pecan wood for smoke.  Have to say I was very pleased with how it turned out. Decent bark, some burnt ends on it. It was a good way to shake off cabin fever.

219E8C23-C380-459F-B158-E22A7576ADCB.jpeg

dogrunner

Cooked a couple Cornish hens today. 

30A43DDA-0066-43E6-9274-3B028CF04339.jpeg

POINT3R

Comfort food, meatloaf tonight

IMG_0104.JPG