FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
polecat

2018 UJ Catskill Gathering

polecat

This years dates are July 13,14,15 in the year of 2018.

Brad Eden

This shall be the Official Catskills UJ Get Together Topic....in the year of 2018, and has been Pinned to top. Please note last years/2017 Catskill Pinned Topics for additional info from last years Get Together. I will add this Topic and Event to the Board Calendar which shows up on Main Board page, once it gains momentum.

polecat

Thanks, Mark your calendars.

bigjohnsd

Damn, may be time for another Motorcycle trip East!

gunsrus

Those thinking of attending , be prepared to gain weight !!!!

frugal pointer

Hmmmmm........

Brad Eden

Can the organizers of this Get Together please post some updated information on where and what this Event is all about. I am getting Messages asking about it from Members who haven't attended in the past. Trying to find that info, like lodging, activities, etc., etc. on old Topics is tedious.

*I've had to Moderate Posts on this event in the past due to some ribald and inappropriate humor that I don't prefer UJ be associated with. Please don't make me do that again. Thanks.

gunsrus

Catskill Pheasantry 

374 Neer rd

Long Eddy NY

845 887 4487

There are 5 cabins available , sleeping 4-5 in each and the club house has multiple rooms . 

To date the following Cabins are reserved but still may have room in them . 

Cabin 1 Available 

Cabin 2 JParisi

Cabin3 Polecat

Cabin 4 Gunsrus

Canin 5 Delahunter 

Some arrive Thursday but most Friday through Sunday . Everyone brings a meal , dessert , beverages , water , utensils , dishes etc .

Bob , Polecat will advise what is needed . 

The food is outstanding , you won't be hungry . 

There are two Sporting Clays courses simulating grouse presentations 

There is a 5 Stand 

There is wobble trap 

There is a set up with targets incoming from 60 yards (best bring the 12 for this presentation)

All courses can be shot with sub gauges . 

There is a 28 gauge challenge on the Sporting Clays Course for anyone to participate in.  If you need a 28 , I'm pretty sure we can find one for you . 

There are shot shells available for purchase . 

Everything (other than ice , bring lots) is on site 

There is a central veranda where we all gather for meals and kick back with a few cocktails . The camaraderie far surpasses the shooting .

I have met several good friends here  . It is an excellent venue to share bird hunting experiences . I urge all that can to attend , you won't regret it . 

Pm Polecat or myself with any questions 

Brad Eden

Thank Al.

gunsrus

Lodging is $40 - $45 per night . 

polecat

Thanks Al. The lodge(club house) can sleep 45 people(no dogs) and is only 100 yards from the pavilion. We will have grills, deep fryers,

plenty of coolers,lights, ect. The club has been providing a great breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.Ammo is also available. Info from previous years events can be found on past pages. We hope to see some new faces and the folks who could not make in the past.

Fire Marshal Bill

Left a message saying I was interested in renting the last cabin for the UJ gathering in July. When they get back to me I will give an update as to how many people it will sleep. Maybe I should say how many people it will accommodate. Lol 

Irish Joe

Who is that Frugal Pointer guy......?

polecat

Cabin  has 1 double in a room and 2 bunks(4 beds) in another plus living room with couch and bathroom with shower.

frugal pointer
On 1/29/2018 at 11:46 AM, Irish Joe said:

Who is that Frugal Pointer guy......?

Hahaha......back from the dead.  FP