Sign in to follow this  
Mark Stella/WV

2010 Jeep Wrangler..Dog Box ideas.

Mark Stella/WV

Ok fellows. I just inherited my wife’s 2010 Jeep Wrangler. She just bought a new 2018. My question is, has anyone configured a dog box to haul four dogs in the back area. Yes the rear seat is out and stored in out building. How about it, let’s hear some suggestions. The dogs will be one large Ryman Setter and Three GSP’s. Thanks. 

gunsrus

I had a 2007 Wrangler 6 speed manual and sold it . I loved it but carrying two Setters and gear , it couldn't get out of it's own way . Acceleration sucked !

Final straw was climbing an incline on a narrow road with a logging truck up my arse , it was gone the next week . 

Mark Stella/WV

I was hoping to maybe fall into a truck Al but it didn’t quite work out. I know space is limited in these Wranglers. I have only the setter. My friend has the other three GSP’s. He always drives and I was hoping to pick up some slack and be able to drive more often. 

I have an idea cooking but want to see if anyone has pulled it off. 

gunsrus

Mark , as I said , I loved the Wrangler but the V6 sucks . I hunt Northern Maine and the roads have logging trucks everywhere . Honestly , I feared for my safety when loaded up . I wished Jeep had kept the straight 6 . 

Sage Hen

I have an 06 six speed and the old inline six and I carry two dogs on top of a drawer set up but I'm not sure about four. I'd like to see how it's done if you get it figured out.

Marc Ret

image.jpeg

Shouldn't be too much trouble to get four dog boxes in there...

Kansas Bound

4 individual boxes or dogs doubled up?

Mark Stella/WV

4 individual boxes KB. Two on bottom and two up top.