FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
67diesel

luxury trucks

Chukarman

The prices asked for trucks now is getting high. Fortunately there are lots of good, used domestic trucks available.

OTOH, I WOULD trade my old F350 4X with crew cab and dog topper for a new Mercedes S Class. Any takers?

Greg Hartman

I've always been kinda mystified by such vehicles.  Why would anyone want to do truck things with some super-fancy, extremely expensive vehicle?  Think about driving your brand new luxury truck down a two track with the branches screeching down both sides and the undercarriage bouncing off rocks, while the muddy dogs barf all over the back seat and bloody dead critters roll around in the back?  Then, imagine using it to haul manure and firewood.

If you can afford it, I can fully understand owning a really nice open two-seat sport car kept in pristine condition that you drive only on nice days, but a fancy truck?? That's an oxymoron if there ever was one.

Obviously, I must be wrong because they are apparently selling like hotcakes.  Oh well, I'm not buying one.

jeff88

Here in TX very often trucks aren't trucks, they are images of what the driver thinks they are.  There's a great Texan saying:  "All hat, no horse."  Same applies to trucks around here.  A Lincoln pick-up truck is a prime example.  

Marc Ret

Damn yuppies and lumbersexuals ruined the truck market for those of us who actually use 'em. 

Don Steese
5 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

I've always been kinda mystified by such vehicles.  Why would anyone want to do truck things with some super-fancy, extremely expensive vehicle?  Think about driving your brand new luxury truck down a two track with the branches screeching down both sides and the undercarriage bouncing off rocks, while the muddy dogs barf all over the back seat and bloody dead critters roll around in the back?  Then, imagine using it to haul manure and firewood.

If you can afford it, I can fully understand owning a really nice open two-seat sport car kept in pristine condition that you drive only on nice days, but a fancy truck?? That's an oxymoron if there ever was one.

Obviously, I must be wrong because they are apparently selling like hotcakes.  Oh well, I'm not buying one.

Probably 90% of these vehicles are not used as a truck. Never off the paved road, never loaded with dirty stuff. etc.etc. They're luxury cars...period!

rideold
46 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

Probably 90% of these vehicles are not used as a truck. Never off the paved road, never loaded with dirty stuff. etc.etc. They're luxury cars...period!

True.  From what I see the tires on most of them aren't even suited to driving in the snow!

BlacknTan

As the auto dealers like to say..

There's an a** for every seat!

oak stob

Some would hold that there are a lot of good, used domestic shotguns around yet fancy-ish models, created or original, earn their share of buyers.

I suspect it is a human thing.

mccuha

I know a guy that buys a new 4x4 truck about every 3-4yrs. I’d try to get him to drive his truck sometimes when we would go hunting.  He wouldn’t do it. Said he didn’t want to take a chance and get it scratched or muddy or both. I asked him if he’s ever had any of those trucks in 4x4 mode and he said no. I asked him why he didn’t just get a 2wd truck. Said they weren’t as cool. ??   Just don’t make since to me.  I wouldn’t want one in 4x4 if I didn’t ever use it.  Not into style strictly function

max2
12 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

Damn yuppies and lumbersexuals ruined the truck market for those of us who actually use 'em. 

Kinda like what the "RUBS" (rich urban bikers) did to harley davidson......:(

Greg Hartman

OK.  I'll bite.  What's a "lumbersexual"?

mister grouse

I guess i was decades in front of the curve.  Been driving suburbans and yukons for 38 years . Only bought one that was new.   Shop around for a ten year old suburban with under 100, 000 miles.  Likely you will love it , and so will you dogs.  

Marc Ret
2 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

DICTIONARY

lumbersexual×

lum·ber·sex·ual

ˌləmbərˈsekSH(o͞o)əl/

noun

a young urban man who cultivates an appearance and style of dress (typified by a beard and plaid shirt) suggestive of a rugged outdoor lifestyle.

image.jpeg

henryrski
5 hours ago, Greg Hartman said:

Greg, you gotta get out more.

BTW, I am aware of the difficult issues you face daily. Just kidding