FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
67diesel

luxury trucks

henryrski

I am looking at the new 4x4 that Bentley is making. You can get them as cheap as $265,000.

charlo slim
2 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

image.jpeg

Brad in his slightly younger years?

Dogwood
3 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

DICTIONARY

lumbersexual×

lum·ber·sex·ual

ˌləmbərˈsekSH(o͞o)əl/

noun

a young urban man who cultivates an appearance and style of dress (typified by a beard and plaid shirt) suggestive of a rugged outdoor lifestyle.

image.jpeg

Awesome!  Plenty of those in Traverse City.

Marc Ret
59 minutes ago, charlo slim said:

Brad in his slightly younger years?

Rumor has it this is the Maine Misanthrope during his formative years...

image.jpeg

Greg Hartman
3 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

DICTIONARY

lumbersexual×

lum·ber·sex·ual

ˌləmbərˈsekSH(o͞o)əl/

noun

a young urban man who cultivates an appearance and style of dress (typified by a beard and plaid shirt) suggestive of a rugged outdoor lifestyle.

I DO need to get out more!  I had truly never heard of "lumbersexual" before.  This is a selfie with a "friend" below:  Do I qualify?  If so, what prize do I win?

01-lumbersexual-matt-baume-2017-.jpg

Marc Ret
11 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

I DO need to get out more!  I had truly never heard of "lumbersexual" before.  This is a selfie with a "friend" below:  Do I qualify?  If so, what prize do I win?

Your prize, Greg. 

image.jpeg

dogrunner
26 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Nice Tat, smells like bacon. 

snapt

Company I worked for gave me their Denail 1500 "Carbon Fiber Edition" for a work truck. Total Concrete Queen. I live in a place that necessitates snow tires during the winter months and they about s%$& themselves when they got the bill for snow's that fit 22" rims....

Could have bought 2 capable dressed down 4x4 trucks for the price it cost them.

dogrunner
13 minutes ago, snapt said:

Company I worked for gave me their Denail 1500 "Carbon Fiber Edition" for a work truck. Total Concrete Queen. I live in a place that necessitates snow tires during the winter months and they about s%$& themselves when they got the bill for snow's that fit 22" rims....

Could have bought 2 capable dressed down 4x4 trucks for the price it cost them.

Yep, but not many buy work trucks nowadays, its dressed up XLT'S and above.  The way they package them now is also different, if you want one option you usually have to take to 2 or 3 other things you don't want. 

Birdcountry70

The pickup I have now starts every time I turn the key. Even when its -35. I keep meaning to put a block heater in it but just haven't got to it.  I guess that means my idea of luxury is fuel injection and electronic ignition. I don't need to be able to talk to the truck to tell it what radio station I want to hear. 

chilly460

I just went through this exercise.  I tow a '63 Mercury so I "need" a truck, my 09 Silverado was having transmission issues so it was time to look for a new ride.  I can't believe what used trucks are bringing right now, when gas prices are low the used truck market is ridiculous.  Trucks with 50k on them still bringing over $30k.  So, I ended up with a 2017 F150 XL 4wd, rubber floor mats, but as with all new vehicles it came fairly loaded with power windows, etc.   It's an awesome tow vehicle, I did take it into some doubletrack and smacked the undercarriage three weeks after I got it, it was a little painful but just part of the ownership experience.  $31k out the door, the lion's share of trucks on the lot were XLTs and nicer (Platinum and King Ranch) that started in the low $50k range.  Can't imagine taking them out hunting.  I've tried keeping "marginal" trucks as tow vehicles but it's just not worth the agita and aggravation for me. 

I drive a '96 GMC every day, has 355k on it now and it's an ugly rusty piece, but it does the nasty duty very nicely and keeps miles off my other truck.  I don't trust it for long trips and it's not 4wd so the newer truck will get much of the hunting duty.   

terrym

I actually drive a basic work truck. Black bumpers and steel rims, no leather. It's what the company buys but it has what I like.  5.7hemi, 4x4 , power windows and locks and costs me nothing 😁

Don't care if the dogs mess it up. 

NECarson

I don't have a fancy new truck... 

But for the guys who spend a lot of time in them and can write off the purchase price it can be justified. 

25/06
9 hours ago, NECarson said:

I don't have a fancy new truck... 

But for the guys who spend a lot of time in them and can write off the purchase price it can be justified. 

That is a pretty good answer .

I got a hand me down Ram 2500 long horn addition from my boss as a hand down at work.

I am sure if I did the math he paid less for the loaded 3/4 to diesel as a work Item than I did for a pretty basic F150 personal vehicle.

I routinely pull over 25,000lbs at work and had to upgrade my license to a CDL.... Even thou I am just an office guy. We usually take equipment to the job sites when we are going that direction for a meeting or site visit. If I washed the truck up and put it on the lot for sale most people would say it did not get used as a truck even thou I use the 5th wheel ball weekly.

I get a chuckle out of these threads where people state that 90% of pickups don't get used as "pickups" I am not even sure what that means. I have never seen any statistics on this but when I am looking for a used truck they all seem beat to hell, super high miles or cost as much as new!

I love the fact that some people baby their trucks... That creates good used ones that a working man can afford to buy and use!. I just do not seam to have

the luck in finding them. A couple of friends starting concrete businesses shop the RV lots and scoop up the used dually crew cabs with 100,000 miles on them from the snow birds. Few people want the hassle and pour traction of a dually for a daily driver so they are relatively cheap. The field guys end up driving some pretty clean high end trucks. Believe it or not the field guys like it and take better care of them than a new stripped down flat bed dually's they bought previously. Nothing like jumping in a work truck after a hard day and turning on the heated/ cooled seat for an hour drive home!B|

NECarson
7 minutes ago, 25/06 said:

The field guys end up driving some pretty clean high end trucks. Believe it or not the field guys like it and take better care of them than a new stripped down flat bed dually's they bought previously. Nothing like jumping in a work truck after a hard day and turning on the heated/ cooled seat for an hour drive home!B|

I want my next truck to be pretty loaded for this reason. I'll shop used, but I spend a few hours a day in my truck, and 3+ hour drives every few weeks. Comfort is nice.