FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
67diesel

luxury trucks

WMassGriff

I guarantee no-one takes his new expensive SUV's down the woods roads my  07' Xterra travels! She's got the woods rash to show it! Heck if I had a new vehicle I wouldn't either.

gunsrus
On 3/18/2018 at 6:35 AM, tut said:

Not truck related, but I was driving a 2 track in Michigan last year in my 2010 4 Runner.  Track getting smaller and smaller and I kept going.  Pretty soon limbs were banging the sides and roof and I stopped and got out and checked it out.  Pretty good scratches were starting to appear on the 4 Runner just about everywhere.  Tried to figure out if I could turn around anywhere and the answer was no.  Started to get loppers out of the vehicle and cut a path forward and realized that was an exercise in futility.  Finally folded both side mirrors in and said WTF lets go.

1/2 mile later I was out.  Looked the 4Runner over and thought 8 years old 115K on it.  Hell, I won't even wash it.  I'll rewax it in the spring and break out the rubbing compound at the same time and clean up the new scratches.   Flash forward to December and I realized paint was coming off the hood where I had been pushing through brush.  Also had a cut in the bumper from running over a sunken Tpost at a tractor tire waterer.  Bottom line $1,200 in new paint and bumper repair.   At least they washed the 4Runner while they were doing everything else.  Yep, good till spring now.  

Happened to me this year too following hayslope to a new cover . It did buff out for me and I did shoot birds in that cover .:)

topdog1961
On March 18, 2018 at 9:35 AM, NECarson said:

We were teasing him about all the girls he must get with it (he's mid 20s and single) 

He says girls can't see it, but old guys love it. They are always talking to him about it. 

Yeah, I tried that “get the girls with the vehicle” thing when I was single and in my mid 20s.  I went through a new Corvette and a new 4x4 before I figured out the ride wasn’t the problem.  Fortunately, I eventually found one that didn’t care what I drove.

Now when a woman drives a nice truck, that’s a different story, they get lots of attention.  It’s true that older guys love trucks, to the point I’m hesitant to let my wife drive mine. It’s not high dollar, no collector or show truck, just a super clean 98 F-150 4x4.  I bought if from the south and it has great paint, no rust, not even a door ding.  Trucks of that age, that are clean, are rarer than hen’s teeth in rust belt Northern Ohio.  My wife says that every time she drives it, guys are coming up to her to talk about it, offering to pump her gas, carry her groceries, you name it. She loves the attention.  Once a state trooper pulled her over and gave her a verbal warning for a few MPH over, but confessed the real reason he pulled her over was to get a better look at the truck.   I’d hate to see what would happen if I turned her loose in a $75,000 truck.

image.jpeg

gunsrus

The dedicated "grouse mobile" , a 1999 Tahoe 2 door 4X4 , leather interior , Georgia car , no rust anywhere , 125, 000 miles , picked up off eBay for $6200 . i love the ground clearance . If i'm not careful , my wife and daughter steal it out of the driveway . Guys are always stopping to ask about the Classic . Not as fancy , smancy as my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ but handles the snow better . Look for it this coming Fall in the Maine woods . Stories to follow .

IMG_0726.JPG

Marc Ret
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

The dedicated "grouse mobile" , a 1999 Tahoe 2 door 4X4 , leather interior , Georgia car , no rust anywhere , 125, 000 miles , picked up off eBay for $6200 . i love the ground clearance . If i'm not careful , my wife and daughter steal it out of the driveway . Guys are always stopping to ask about the Classic . Not as fancy , smancy as my wife's 2015 Tahoe LTZ but handles the snow better . Look for it this coming Fall in the Maine woods . Stories to follow .

IMG_0726.JPG

Couple of things missing in that pic. Somebody to keep the passenger seat warm and one of these for the back window...

image.jpeg

P.S.- Happy to help out in both cases.😇😇😇

gunsrus
2 minutes ago, Marc Ret said:

Couple of things missing in that pic. Somebody to keep the passenger seat warm and one of these for the back window...

image.jpeg

P.S.- Happy to help out in both cases.😇😇😇

Marc , you're always welcome !

Marc Ret
1 minute ago, gunsrus said:

Marc , you're always welcome !

I appreciate that Al. 

pa'tridge hunters

I can remember when luxury was having both window roll up and down, a heater that worked, wipers without big chunks taken out of them, and would start all at the same time.

The good old days!

bigjohnsd

I replaced my '14 F150 XLTwith a pre-owned 17 F150 Lariat.  Has most of the bells and whistles including heated leather rear seats which both dogs really like.

RuffChaser

One of my co-workers college buddies (we're all Engineers) works at Ford. He has repeatedly told my co-worker they can't come up with a Raptor package that won't sell out. They have included lots of options and crazy standard selections that can max out at around $60k+ and they still sell them all. I could use a truck but not at that price.