FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brad H

Hunting and Vineyard Blog

Brad H

Greetings, I am a long time lurker and have finally decided to start posting. I have a blog where I blog my hunting adventures, gunsmithing project and my vineyard here is a link and a few pictures from the blog. Hope you enjoy. 

https://gameandgrapes.blogspot.com/

IMG_1906.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

Jakeismydog2

I sure enjoyed reading through your posts. That is one heck of a nice starter rifle for your kids. How many hours do you have invested in that gun?

Brad H

Thanks! I am glad that someone enjoyed reading the blog!

That is a really good question about the rifle. I don't really know. I spent about a year building it working evenings and weekends when I could. If I had a rough day at work I would go out and work on it to clear my head. I treated it a a kind of therapy. The other thing is that I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do things. Custom gun makers are very secretive about how they do things so being self taught it took me much longer than a professional. 

MDash2

Nice blog Brad. What type of bird hunting do you have out there and how often do you shoot that Holland & Holland? 

Brad H

Thanks!

California is very diverse and has lots of bird hunting. For me I mostly hunt Quail and Dove, with the occasional Chuckar. When I was younger I did a lot of waterfowl hunting but I no longer enjoy freezing my butt off in at duck blind. 

Sadly the Holland does not get shot much, the stock is a little short for me. Some day I will have it restocked and take it driven shooting in the UK. I mostly shoot my Beretta 686. 

Millriver

Very interesting blog, thanks for posting. I find the vineyard information fascinating, being completely ignorant of the whole process of growing grapes. Do you sell your grapes or use them to make your own wine?

I love seeing that country out there, with hopes of visiting the wine country in California some day. 

Brad H

Millriver,

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. 

I sell my grapes. I know absolutely nothing about making wine, maybe when I retire I will branch out into wine making but for now I sell the grapes. 

Please visit California, it is a wonderful place. The residents can be a little misguided at times but the state is lovely. 

SODAKer

Very interesting blog read. Your projects remind me very much of my father who always had a project going own, lol. Gotta say I inherited the trait as well. I agree, stitching up a knife sheaf is very relaxing while hanging out in the living room with the family. And there is something about those old cartridge/shell boxes; I've always like the Peters boxes and just picked up a variety from the old man, damn things just keep piling up.

Brad H

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the Blog.  

Funny you mention the Peters Boxes, over the weekend I loaded up some Peters cases. I don't know why but I seem to have s soft spot for Peters. I guess it is the nostalgic in me. 

Brad H

Some of you have contacted me and expressed interest in the Vineyard, well it is getting close to harvest time so most of my blog posts over the next few weeks will be about the prep for harvest and the harvest. Please enjoy.