FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
brushbuster

2018 NE SxS classic Haussmann Hidden Hollow Sporting Clays

Brad Eden

I do still sell UJ Blaze w/brown waxed brim, spruce and spruce khaki grouse or Woodcock caps. Out of the blaze grouse at the moment. Have fun, one and all and represent UJ with a modicum of dignity...

Swampy 16

What a great event. Can’t wait to get back there tomorrow. A man could get in lots of trouble in that tent.

Don Steese

Quailguy and I were there today . Unfortunately didn't see anyone we knew. We both escaped without damage to our bank accounts. No mean feat considering the beautiful stuff that was on display!! 

brushbuster

Kurt and his friends Jim and Joe and I arrived about 9am we shot 5 stand, touched base with TuT at Dan’s table and then I think we were on the small gauge course by 10 ish until lunch. After a quick poor boy sandwich we then hit the 12 ga course about 2 ish. 

What time did you  arrive?  I guess next year we should plan to meet at a designated location/time.  Did you shoot?

Both courses had some nice grouse/woodcock type shots and provided a few laughs and gave me a chance to break in my new to me RBL. 

I felt the shoot was lightly attended considering how good the weather was but perhaps that was just my impression.  It also seemed to me there were a few less vendors at the shoot.  

Had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet and shoot with Jim and Joe!

tut

Just got back and a bit beat as its a 6 hour drive from my house.   Dan Rossiter was only there for about 3 hours on Friday as he was working on client guns all day Thursday that were coming to the event on Friday.  Also worked the booth until 3 PM today as Dan headed to Nags Head with the family Friday evening.   At the last minute I shot some photos of the Fox Lefever challenge which was held at the 5 Stand field.  Think out of the 125 targets, the Fox Team broke 106 and the Lefever Team broke 100.  Hence Fox won the Trophy and bragging rights for this year.   Tell you what folks, that is some pretty fancy shooting with SXS guns.   Really a fun event to watch and there was a big crowd watching.

Less vendors in the tent this year for sure.   Two or three of the vendors didn't show up that were supposed to attend for whatever reason.   Good news was the weather was just about perfect for all 3 days.

PS.  CSMC had several Revelations for sale, but IMO they weren't really ready to sell.  Some had some blueing salts coming out between the ribs.   Another was missing a front bead (how does that happen?)  Another the front rib was soldered on crooked.   I asked the salesman they had there what had happened and he said they just pulled them off the rack and boxed them up for the event and they hadn't had time for the Quality Control team to look them over.  Anyway, bad first impression.  Will say the upgraded wood on them is well worth it based on what I saw and the case colors looked fantastic.   

Grifish

Good time was had by all!

I looked for and didn’t find Crazy Horse. I was wearing a blaze orange lid, and didn’t have anyone ask if I was a UJer. Asked a bunch of guys in cowboy hats if they were Don no luck there either. As Brushbuster stated, we need to have a rally point and time next year.

grouse28
4 hours ago, Grifish said:

Good time was had by all!

I looked for and didn’t find Crazy Horse. I was wearing a blaze orange lid, and didn’t have anyone ask if I was a UJer. Asked a bunch of guys in cowboy hats if they were Don no luck there either. As Brushbuster stated, we need to have a rally point and time next year.

We all should wear t-shirts with Brad’s all seeing eye on it.

grouse28
On 6/9/2018 at 9:06 PM, tut said:

PS.  CSMC had several Revelations for sale, but IMO they weren't really ready to sell.  Some had some blueing salts coming out between the ribs.   Another was missing a front bead (how does that happen?)  Another the front rib was soldered on crooked.   I asked the salesman they had there what had happened and he said they just pulled them off the rack and boxed them up for the event and they hadn't had time for the Quality Control team to look them over.  Anyway, bad first impression.  Will say the upgraded wood on them is well worth it based on what I saw and the case colors looked fantastic.   

Yes, how does that happen? If you are bringing  your product to an event with many potential buyers, why would you not look them over?

Even if I was a “flunky” working there I would look them over, or is that just the job of QC? Can’t imagine this happening in the good old days of Winchester, Colt, or the othe manufactures. There must be a pretty high rate of defects if you can randomly pick off the rack rejects. I like CSMC and what they have accomplished, but they need to tighten things up.

studdog

CSMC is not doing well.  To many questionable products and poor customer service.  It's just my experience and I could be wrong.

grouse28
41 minutes ago, studdog said:

CSMC is not doing well.  To many questionable products and poor customer service.  It's just my experience and I could be wrong.

I sincerely hope they get back on track. Problem is maybe too many products and a shrinking customer base. Just my nonnegotiable two cents.