2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
gunsrus

Snow day

Millriver

Only about 3 inches in the Ct. River Valley in Western Massachusetts. Kind of a bust here, tons more snow to the west and east of us. I'm o.k.with that. Probably will leave the driveway and let it melt. This is a really strange storm.

WMassGriff

9" in Russell and more west of me. With the temps predicted it may stay a while.

Flairball

I got out and pushed the snowblower around earlier when the snow looked to be slowing down. We had about 12”. It was light and fluffy, and I had the driveway, sidewalk, and neighbors driveway and sidewalk (he’s in the firehouse all night, and his wife is pregnant, so..) done in record time. 

Of of course the snow picked up again, and now there is at least as much snow as earlier. Problem is, I use up the last of the gas in the can. I will need to quickly clear the driveway enough to get out in the morning so I can go get more gas. Or I could just walk to the gas stand, which is only about 1/4 mile away. 

Don Steese

My wife is a dedicated snow shoveler. She'll be out there before it even quits, and I'll be guiltily watching from my easy chair!  She doesn't care much for snowblowers or leaf blowers. If there's a hard way to do anything she'll find it!  

Jazz4Brazo

Yesterday the back patio was clean after last week's dump...today still coming down so haven't bothered starting up the snowblower since I expect it would just drift over again by morning given the latest forecast...That has to be an honest foot or more...really >:(

20180313_220629.jpg

max2

I've heard tale of another possible brewing for next week .... Isn't this excellent !! :D

gunsrus

Headed out , another 6" to clear . This sucks !!

lee sykes

I'm a bit relieved to know that others deserve this as well.. 

Brad Eden

IMG_0634.JPG

18-20" measured on railing. And still coming down. Cleared a lot of driveway with snowblower and plow a couple times yesterday and last night, so was able to clear enough to get JoAnn off to work this morning, after breaking through the 4' berm at end of driveway, Barely. Wet heavy snow. Ball buster winter.

Samuel Hoggson

Cleared a path to the garage last night so my wife could get in. 

Just finished the larger job.  Have no idea about depth, but it's moved.......for now.  NWS will tell me what it was.      

Guy with a tractor could get sick of this.  

Brad Eden

This is fricking ridiculous. That's all.

Don Steese
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Ball buster winter.

I didn't think it was bad at all??  

gunsrus
8 minutes ago, Don Steese said:

I didn't think it was bad at all??  

80 TODAY ?? >:(

gunsrus
12 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

This is fricking ridiculous. That's all.

YOU NEEED  that Tractor . Me , I need a Son in Law !!!!!:P

spinfly

Well, in Western NY the first flurries started flying in October, first accumulating snow was around Nov. 10th. Had a few thaws to melt it all away, followed by more storms and the infamous lake effect squalls. Just about 7"-8" so far today.  Winter here is a 3 season event, though it still is better then being flooded out, or having the house blown away by a tornado or hurricane.