2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
hobbes

Brand New Grandaughter

hobbes

Your right.............I'm too young to be a grandfather (at least I like to think so).  However, life has a way of throwing a curve ball or two at you.

Kaleah
Born at 10:03 MST
7lbs 5oz

Proud father, my son Isaac.  (Brace is due to finger surgery after almost cutting it off a month ago.)
2q3ynt4.jpg

i5r97l.jpg

Proud grandfather
4v1mis.jpg

Irishwhistler

Aye Hobbes,

Congrats to all on that beautiful baby girl.👍

Irishwhistler 🍀

NW River Mac

She's beautiful. 

Congratulations to you and your son. 

upstate

Congrats! Grandpa 

Brad Eden

Outstanding!

gunsrus

Very special !

ccavacini

Nice.  Great to be a grandfather.

25/06

Being a young grandpa means you can spoil them right!

Congratulations for South Dakota

topdog1961

Congrats. That's a fine looking girl. The toughest part for me of being a grandfather is that our grandchildren don't live close enough for us to be a part of their daily lives. She will be a teen before you know it, as mine are. I regret that maybe I coulda/shoulda done more to be there more for them. Time is your most precious gift for her. But I've had two jobs and two adopted younger kids to raise myself. If you can possibly be there for her at every opportunity, the day in day out stuff of life, do it, you won't regret it. 

Bluegill68

Congrats Hobbes! I went through a similar situation in Nov. a shocker at first  but I'm easing in to the new role. 

Millriver

Congrats!

NC Quailhunter

Congratulations!!

Ben Hong

Hobbes, that is outstanding. Enjoy your youth as I was almost 70 when our twins arrived, and I can tell you that there are things I can't do that I want to do with them.

hobbes

I'll be 48 this weekend, so not too young, but earlier than expected.  I'll have lots of time with her because I've  turned our upstairs into an apartment for them.  It's been quite the adjustment for us.  To be honest.....it's been stressful as hell.   I know the statistics on how these things go though, so I'll spend as much time with her as I can.

I had to go out of town for work a couple hours after her birth yesterday.  This is what my wife sends me today.  My grandfather used to say that he thought puppies were a lot cuter than human babies.  I could agree sometimes, but not this time 😁

2018031495110210.jpg

Greg Hartman

Congrats!!!

I've been a grandfather for almost two decades now.  Never especially wanted to be a grandfather, but what I discovered is that you're gonna get old anyway, so why not enjoy one of the very best things about being old - grandchildren!