FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
spinfly

Sam's Club closure- anyone else with issues?

spinfly

Back in January both of the area Sam's Club closed, apparently a metropolitan population of close  to a million people wasn't  enough to sustain them, and reportedly they were losing money. As a result I cancelled my membership , requesting a refund check be sent ($100). They indicated no problem, I would have it in 6 weeks. 7 weeks pass and being impatient, I gave them a call 2 weeks ago as I still didn't get my refund. Result was call back in 2 weeks, which I did this AM.  I was more than nice, even though the rep told me "someone dropped the ball" and my refund still hasn't been processed. They offered a Sam's Club gift card or Wal-Mart card, again I declined requesting a refund check. I asked them to expedite it, and reply was it will be another 6-9 weeks.  Between 3- 4 1/2 months to type out a check ?Anyone else going through this  or is it just my continued misfortune ?

apachecadillac

Years ago, we did Sam's Club and after a couple of years let the membership drop.  A few years later we joined Costco and have never looked back.  I still shop at Wallyworld, but the frustrations can be pretty exasperating.  Just yesterday I went to the photo kiosk to process out a couple of 'one hour' prints only to find out at the end of the ordering process that one hour on Sunday means 10 a.m. on Monday.  Sounds like your 'two week' refund is on the same sliding scale as my 'one hour prints.'   I'll make my prints at Target while I'm out on errands today.

All that said, a good Walmart in a small to medium size town is a real convenience.  It just, well, they get my money, but not my respect.  Good luck with your refund.  And I'm not surprised Sam's Club can't compete in markets big enough that people have a choice.

UplandHntr

I just avoid Club stores all together. They are very good at convincing you that they have stuff you need even though you didnt know you needed it when you walked thru the doors. Its a fact. I bought more $16 jars of various nuts than I care to admit.

You dont really think youre going to see a refund check do you?

gaberdeen

My local one closed about 1 1/2 months ago. Kinda sucks because they were only about 2miles from my house. Next closet club of any kind is a BJ’s about 10 miles. Didn’t use them much but was nice for some things. That refunded my full year membership cost.

rosies dad

Call back and take the gift  card at Walmart. Anyone can buy $100 in steaks or shotgun shells or something.

Wirehair

Wife and I tried Sam's Club and Costco.

It bothered me that we still had to go to a regular store to get 90 percent of everything else we needed. 

I mean really who needs 4 quarts of French's yellow mustard.....

Virgil Kane
10 hours ago, Wirehair said:

I mean really who needs 4 quarts of French's yellow mustard.....

Maybe not mustard but the 5 pound backpack sized bag of M&M Peanuts are worth it.  B|

paul frey
6 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

Maybe not mustard but the 5 pound backpack sized bag of M&M Peanuts are worth it.  B|

+1 here.  Peanut M&Ms are the best:D

Virgil Kane
4 hours ago, paul frey said:

+1 here.  Peanut M&Ms are the best:D

Breakfast of champs with a hot cup of coffee !:ph34r:

spinfly
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, UplandHntr said:

You dont really think youre going to see a refund check do you?

Finally, after repeated phone calls and some e-mails , a check arrived today. I suppose I better go cash it before they put a stop payment on it. Maybe it is just coincidence, but within 24 hours of firing off an e-mail to the CEO, I had a phone call assuring me I would receive my check soon.

NECarson
On 3/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, rosies dad said:

Call back and take the gift  card at Walmart. Anyone can buy $100 in steaks or shotgun shells or something.

That would require going to Walmart. 

But you're right.