FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
WPG Gizmo

Another week another storm

WPG Gizmo

Someone pissed off Mother Nature and she is taking it out on the Northeast another 3-8 inches of snow is heading our way O.o

max2

I think we should miss out on the fun of this next storm. We look to be right on the edge.  WPG Gizmo I must agree with you about mother nature though....... geeeez.... she is not letting up.

Swampy 16

I hope she gets it out of her system early so the grouse chicks have favorable conditions this spring.  She also was kind enough to hold any major snow storm off til the NY season closed. I can get by in 6” of snow but anymore than that keeps the gun and n the safe and me on the couch.

Brad Eden

They aren't forecasting that much up here. But it keeps changing. Could be plowable, maybe not. I wish I knew. I want to unburden my truck of the plow. Roads are frost heaved up and driving them is a PIA with the plow. And my gas mileage gets cut in half.

Samuel Hoggson

We're currently forecasted for < 1" - 1.5". 

Sometimes it's good to be farther from the coast.  Sometimes not.

RMH

As mentioned, it sounds like it'll be a minor storm in this area. I've never complained about seasonable weather. I can understand the griping down in Pa and NJ. It's usually turning into spring in mid March there. Up here though March is a Winter month start to finish. This year has gotten to me though. I don't do much outdoor Winter stuff anymore, snowshoe, ice fish, etc. The cold I don't mind but the lack of being able to get out and walk around, especially with the dog has gotten to me this year. I'd consider relocating to somewhere with less snow but my wife won't hear it. I see the pic's posted from places with bare ground and the dogs out and running and I'm thinking, "lucky dog's", both four and two legged.

salmontogue

Downeast Maine has been hammered with snow and ice this year.  I gauge winter severity by diesel fuel usage and running hours for the JD and gasoline consumption in the snowmobiles.  Both are way up over last year.

Perk

paul frey

We just got updated to 8-12".

lee sykes

Maybe per each storm but around here, we always have deep snow while an hour drive east shows bare fields.

Big Al

From 1978 to 81 the winters were brutal in south central Michigan.  Snow and cold and it would be into April before there were any nice days. 

I had a job that would allow me to live wherever I wanted and I was tired of the winters so wife and I packed up the four kids and moved to Florida.  I do not miss the stuff that's happening to you guys now.

Be safe.

WPG Gizmo

Well the weather folks get you all worked up for a big storm and then nothing comes :P

Brad Eden
2 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

Well the weather folks get you all worked up for a big storm and then nothing comes :P

Good.

atticus

They've been spot on all winter.  I am glad they got this one wrong. 1" is fine by me. 

Brad Eden

Squalls and wind throughout the day apparently here. I'll take it. I might even jinx myself and take plow off truck tomorrow! It will be mid to late April before all this snow has melted.

gunsrus

City of Boston made the call yesterday to cancel school today . Big mistake , nothing on the ground . My next life I want to be a weather forecaster , you know , one of those little cuties !:P