• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
WPG Gizmo

Another week another storm

max2

woke up to another 2 this morning and currently snowing lightly......... 

Brad Eden

Snow belt....most of ME got 2", we got more like 4-5" yesterday/evening. Mid 40's today so it will melt. I did push/shovel it off the deck so if doesn't drip all day over the walk-in basement entrance.

WPG Gizmo

Been snowing here since yesterday afternoon very light dusting on the grass nothing in the roads

Samuel Hoggson

Think we got 2-3".  Not messing with it........unless it's still there come July.  

max2
32 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

Think we got 2-3".  Not messing with it........unless it's still there come July.  

My friends dad used to say when it snowed this time of year  ~ The good lord brought it ~ let him take it home  :D Sun is shin'n nice out there now.

max2

We still making observations ?  woke up to a light dusting this morning and currently snowing lightly . Locals call it sugarflake snow or some such.  I have the spotting scope set up in the living room looking out over the pond out back.  1st cup of coffee spent here on the uj 2nd cup at the scope watching for ducks . woodies,mallards, merganzers so far and yesterday enjoyed watching a kingfisher for about an hr or so. As close as I can figure these ducks must fly in the dark as each morning I wake up to them . At dusk last evening no one was out there.  pretty cool !

Brad Eden

Wicked wind and rain all night. Power popped off and on once but stayed steady. Noise of wind and rain kept waking me up. 2-3 inches im guessing. Feeder streams to Marsh are cranking and the Marsh is at full capacity. Great for the waterfowl. Glad I reinstalled my gutters last weekend. Rain really knocked down the snow pack and that will continue as we get into 50 degree temps the next few days. Do I sound optimistic?...

Larry Brown

Turns out that our recent snowpocalypse in WI dumped more than 30" on some places.  And it wasn't up north, but rather down in the central part of the state.  All kinds of records broken.  For record low temperatures (for the date in question) as well.

I'm hoping that returning woodcock had the good sense to stay down in northern IL and wait for better weather to head north.  But I don't think our never ending winter looks good for the upcoming grouse and woodcock season.

Craig Conroy

It was a crazy storm, alright.  Oddly, here it the NW corner, we stayed in the dry slot longer than expected, and wound up with "only" around a foot of pretty fluffy snow.  I'm hoping the late spring has delayed nesting attempts altogether, and things will still come out OK.  It probably would be worse had it been warm for a while first.

max2

Just watched the 6:00 news and calling for another 2-5 tonight & tomorrow. It must be what you folks had a couple days ago.

Tilkut

May still have snow out back come may. CFF5D9F3-9D67-4A18-B032-5B3051ABD814.thumb.jpeg.416b45fb859f40a400290c094c6587b0.jpeg

OldSarge

We got pounded this weekend too with around 24”. It warmed up today quite a bit so it is melting already. The part of the yard I plow my snow to is clear and a bit muddy. It had three woodcock resting and probing there earlier today. 

max2

I am thinking now we might be headed into another one of those mini ice ages like the one  that hit in the mid 1800's.  I'm start'n rumors....