• Announcements

• Brad Eden

TO THOSE REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UJ   01/06/2018

To the Guests who have decided to register for Membership. PLEASE read Terms of Service, not just checking it off. This is covered there: Add more info than just "hunting" or "Upland hunting" or "birds" or "outdoors" or similar nebulous terms in the required INTERESTS field. Despite this Boards strong spam filtering function, some Spam registrations do sneak through. I need an inkling that you are a human being not a Spam Bot tagging onto key words. Also please do not use a business name as your User Name. Thank you.
browndrake

2018 UJ Fly Swap

browndrake

Update:

Fly Swap is a go.

Rules:

- Each tier will tie 1 fly for each participant, plus one extra - the extra fly will be donated to Brad for use how he sees fit (he generally puts them in the annual auction to help support UJ) 

- Anybody that wants to participate needs to commit no later than 11 April.

- Completion deadline - Flies should be completed and in the mail to me by 11 May . I'll PM the participants my mailing address.  Flies will be mailed to the tiers as soon as possible after they have all been received.

- Flies should be mailed in some sort of reusable container that is large enough to hold all the flies that are going back to you.  Put your real name, UJ name, and mailing address in or on the box so I know who to return it to.

-There is only one really firm rule on this:  Participants MUST include a postage paid return envelope to get your flies back to you. So, if you forget your postage paid return envelope, think of it like donating your flies to Brad's pile for auction purposes!

Those participating this year...so far:

1. browndrake   *
  2. juneboy1
  3. D. Case   *
  4. upstate   *
  5. Chubs  *
  6. Colt45   *
  7. Keith   *
  8. Millriver  *
  9. snapt  *

juneboy1

Yeah, I'm in if its a go.

D. Case

I'm in if it's a go too.

browndrake

I think we will be able to make it a go.  Heck, it'll work swapping with just three of us..better yet if we can get 6-10 more.

A few things: 

• we are going to be starting very late this year.   Lets give people until  11 April to decide if they want to  participate.  That gives everybody three weeks to see this thread and opt in.
  • We can go later into the year, as we are starting late, but I think we  need to be done so that people can fish them if they escape for Memorial Day.  Lets say that they all need to be in the mail by 4 May...That gives us 3.5 weeks to tie them after official cut off date and will still allow enough time for mail to come here and return back to you, before the holiday.
  • ************* Do you want to have a theme for this year's swap? or just time some favorites and share them? Please give some input on this. 
  • I will repost rules from past years in a few days.

Lets recruit some tiers and have some fun.

Thanks

browndrake

upstate

count me in. I haven't done it a couple years.

I would prefer to tie favorites

Thanks,

John

Brad Eden

Topic Pinned. Great UJ tradition!

Chubs

I'm in.

browndrake

Ok, we have 6 people so far and still have two weeks left to sign up, so I am officially calling this a go.    I'm posting the rules here.  They are the same as the last several years:

- Each tier will tie 1 fly for each participant, plus one extra - the extra fly will be donated to Brad for use how he sees fit (he generally puts them in the annual auction to help support UJ) 

- Anybody that wants to participate needs to commit no later than 11 April.

- Completion deadline - Flies should be completed and in the mail to me by 4 May . I'll PM the participants my mailing address.  Flies will be mailed to the tiers as soon as possible after they have all been received.

- Flies should be mailed in some sort of reusable container that is large enough to hold all the flies that are going back to you.  Put your real name, UJ name, and mailing address in or on the box so I know who to return it to.

-There is only one really firm rule on this:  Participants MUST include a postage paid return envelope to get your flies back to you. So, if you forget your postage paid return envelope, think of it like donating your flies to Brad's pile for auction purposes!

Even though life is crazy and there is not time for things such as UJ fly swaps....I really enjoy participating and learning so much from each of you. 

Thanks.

aaron

Keith

Count me in. Something to do while recovering from total knee surgery in January and now ankle surgery in early April 

Millriver
On 3/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, Keith said:

Count me in. Something to do while recovering from total knee surgery in January and now ankle surgery in early April 

Total knee surgery next week as well, so will have plenty of down time. Count me in, will tie some variations of Wulff's dries. Have a trip planned in July, will need some flies to fish in Colorado.

Thanks for putting this together.

browndrake

We are up to 8 people! Just under 2 weeks left to enter the swap this year.

snapt

Hell, count me in.

browndrake

Being that I work out in the hills all day Mon/Tues, this is probably the last chance I have to shout out before the end of the entry period.

There are 3 days left to join this years Fly Swap.  All entries are due by Wed this week.   We then have just over 3 weeks to tie and mail them to me.   So far, we have 9 participants.  I have seen some pics of nice flies tied by several other forum members.  All are welcome to participate: Seasoned fly tying vets and those just entering the addiction.

Looking forward to seeing everybody's flies.  Only one person chimed in on a theme for this year, "favorites, "  so favorites it is.   

I'll be back on Wed evening to close the entry period and welcome the tying.

Thanks all for continuing to make this a wonderful UJ tradition.

aaron

upstate

I'm leaning towards a hornberg. hopefully get a chance to start on them tonight.

snapt

Working on a go to simple streamer I tie, works well for trout, but will fish for warm water species as well.