2018 UJ SUMMER SILENT AUCTION HAS LAUNCHED Read more... ×
browndrake

2018 UJ Fly Swap

browndrake

OK....Entry is closed for the 2018 UJ Fly Swap!

We have 9 participants.  We all need to tie 9 flies...1 ea for the other participants and 1 for Brad.  I will  Pm everybody my address so that you can mail them to me for redistribution back to you all.    I think we can extend the tying time to about 4 weeks and still have them back to everybody before Memorial Day weekend.  So, please get tied and in the mail no later than May 11.   I will get them repackaged and set back out. 

Rules are posted in first post of thread.  Theme is "favorites."   

Thanks to all participants...let's have some fun tying and then fishing.

D. Case

With the snow, ice and cold of the last few weeks in Michigan, I've tied a lot of flies. I'm going to send three patterns for the swap,  a blonde humpy and a peeking caddis, both of which are favorites that  I've caught many fish with. The caddis works great on bluegills too.  The third is a chironomid emerger which I'm intrigued by the style, but have not fished. I'm hoping for some feedback on it and maybe some fish pictures.  I hope to give it a good try later this year.  The flies will be in the mail the first of the week.  Browndrake, thanks for hosting again, its a fun swap.   Dave Case

blonde Humpy.jpg

Emerger.jpg

peeking caddis.jpg

browndrake

They look sweet!  I am looking forward to some product testing.

I don't get down to Lee's ferry very much any more (since the fishing crashed some years ago) but I bet that midge will be deadly there.

Keith

Flies going in the mail tomorrow. I did a couple..."Crappie Candy" and a simple one I haven't tried but am anxious to " Mop fly"

upstate

Hornbergs are done. Hopefully mailing them tomorrow. Go easy on me guys. My jungle cock is really old and tended to split apart when I tied it on. I also used yellow crystal flash instead of yellow calf tail. Have fun with them and I’m looking forward to seeing everybody’s fly’s. 

John

9B604A9E-BBC2-4999-9601-5E894FDAA022.jpeg

browndrake

I was on the road all week.  When I got home, flies were waiting for me from Keith and upstate.  

Looking good!

browndrake

Just an heads up/reminder.  We have this week and next week to get flies tied and mailed to me, so that I can repackage and mail back to you.

Thanks

Chubs

I tied mine last night. It's a tungsten beaded guide's choice hare's ear with a few tweaks. I'll try to get them mailed in the next day or two.

Millriver

Tied up some leech patterns yesterday, still going to the up some Wulffs and will mail them all out the end of this week.

browndrake

Just a reminder: anybody that hasn't finished their fires ye t, needs to finish them up soon and get them in the mail, so that I can get them sorted and sent back out.

Thanks

browndrake

All flies are here except for one package that we are still waiting on the USPS to deliver.  They all look really good.  I have to leave town twice this week, so if they are not here by Thursday it will be the beginning of next week before I get them shipped off to everybody.  

aaron