Tilkut

Cabelas vest anyone

Tilkut

E50FDAFD-F469-489A-B07A-051D99D11C12.png

Brad Eden

Looks like a good buy, I would suggest Members consider looking at UJ Ad Sponsors vests before Cabelas. Quilomene/Q5 and WingWorks and Orvis. More money, but they support our Board.

Q5 Outdoor Products

WingWorks

Orvis Essentials

mccuha

I’ve seen them in person and not to just conform to brads request. The Brad mentioned sponsored vest are superior to the cabelas vest the q vest or ww vest will be the last vest you will ever need unless they come out with something that has more bells and whistles than there current offerings 

airmedic1

I picked one up on sale, took it back.  In my opinion it was cheaply constructed and did not meet my needs.

AM

Zoli 16ga.

My Q upland vest is excellent quality, and is serving me well. 

SEPAlander

same here, I expect my Q upland vest to outlast me, and I've hopefully got many more years in me.

mccuha

another Happy Q owner.

gunsrus

yup , Q works !

Dogwood

Padded shoulder straps = poor gun mount = more misses IMO.

Jakeismydog2

I have always thought Padded shoulder straps were created by people who dont bird hunt. Maybe turkey hunters. I dislike them so much I only wear a bird belt now.

salmontogue
19 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

Padded shoulder straps = poor gun mount = more misses IMO.

WC Fields said it best.  "Never give a sucker an even break".

Perk

Zoli 16ga.

hmmmm....my Q vest has no padded straps....maybe they're on to something? Haven't missed a bird since the last one I shot.

NVChukarChaser

I’ll agree with the others here. The Q5 vest is awesome. Great customer service, people and cause.

One day in the field with a real quality vest and you will never look back or care about a price tag. 

Brad Eden

Some strap vests that have padded shoulder straps also have a chest high strap and buckle. You cinch the straps inwards and the butt of shotgun reaches shoulder without any issue. The old MOTHER Upland strap/pack vests had that feature.

martyg
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Some strap vests that have padded shoulder straps also have a chest high strap and buckle. You cinch the straps inwards and the butt of shotgun reaches shoulder without any issue. The old MOTHER Upland strap/pack vests had that feature.

Brad - MOTHER also used a 3D air mesh - no padding, so the profile was very low.

Enjoy.