Sign in to follow this  
Oriongs

About to give up!!

Oriongs

2004 Polaris Sportsman 400, went dead,  changed out the iginition switch, soleniod, kill switch was/is in run position, battery shows as Ok, (used multi meter).  Seems not to have any juice fast the live post on the solenoid.  Again check with meter at both the ignition wires (two back with red stripes), at emergence shotoff switch (red wire) neither seems to have power.  Sorta at the point where I have "broke my pick."  Don't want to mess around to mjuch with the ECM or the kill switch.  Betting on a short from the live solenoid post and the either the kill switch or ignition switch.  Suggestions?  Anyone have and solved the same type of problem?

25/06

Jump the battery with a good boost on charger. Regardless of volt meter

I had same 4 wheeler it will go dead on battery in just a week or so without use

I added a battery tender with auto maintenace and left it plugged in all the time 

problem solved

To test the draw on a battery you need a battery tester with a heater

hope this helps

Oriongs

Thanks, don't have a tester with a heater.  But did put it on a ender overnight.  Had been using it got stuck, pukled it out wit5h woods trk, started once, then pooped.   Do you know whether there is a "cut off switch," that activafes when an ATV tips?   It did fet tipped to is left side, had to right before recovery.