FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
barna

need to replace my trainer beeper

barna

So lost my Dogtra 2002TB hand held in KS last year, had this system for almost 15 years, really liked it, been trying to replace it but can find anyone who wants to part with theirs and Dogtra no longer supports this system with replacement or spare parts.  With the addition of two new pups I need a good trainer beeper by the time summer rolls around. 

While I like Dogtra, I don't like their updated (2500) system because the beeper is combined with the shock unit and is pointing down toward the ground. Definitely a poor design, maybe cost savings in assembly and parts but function wise it sucks. 

I am leaning towards a DT H2O 1850 plus, it is similar to my old Dogtra in function with the locator and beeper on the top.  I was wondering if anyone has this unit and can give feedback on its performance.

I have the Garmin Astro as a tracker, so no problems tracking, only need the locator to find the pup in the thick stuff and shock function to deter the pups from chasing unwanted criters.

thanks,

Barna   

Bird Buster

I have a like new Sportdog Beeper for sale cheap here if you are interested. You could pair it with one of their ecollars that can control the beeper for a nice package and save some money. The Sportdog Beeper is really nice and well designed. What ever you do avoid the Garmin beeper. Let me know if Interested. 

barna
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, Bird Buster said:

I have a like new Sportdog Beeper for sale cheap here if you are interested. You could pair it with one of their ecollars that can control the beeper for a nice package and save some money. The Sportdog Beeper is really nice and well designed. What ever you do avoid the Garmin beeper. Let me know if Interested. 

Thanks for the offer, but I was able to purchase a used Dogtra 2002TB unit, same exact as mine.  Found someone from another board that was willing to part with theirs.  Its in great shape and baring my carelessness, I should have it for 15 or 20 more years.

Barna

Bird Buster

No problem glad you were able to get the set up you needed. Best of luck. 

Craig Doherty

Just an aside here -- the title of this thread on the index page was truncated to "Need to Replace My Trainer" . . . I was afraid it was one of my customers!!!! ;)

barna
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:01 AM, Craig Doherty said:

Just an aside here -- the title of this thread on the index page was truncated to "Need to Replace My Trainer" . . . I was afraid it was one of my customers!!!! ;)

Maybe in the future,:D

you take on 3/4 tail red dogs?:)

Barna

Craig Doherty
1 hour ago, barna said:

Maybe in the future,:D

you take on 3/4 tail red dogs?:)

Barna

Actually the kennel is full fo this summer's grouse camp -- but be advised, length of tail is not an issue as long as they are pointing dogs.