FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
steveziv

Walker's Silencer Razor Earbuds

steveziv

I had high hopes for this product.  Hoping for the protection of my muffs and the comfort of my rubber plugs in an affordable package.

zoadw6GLietV_31GqXarZVY_nkHSV_nQeBqZ-eOO

I bought a refurbished pair on ebay from a seller who is selling 3-4 sets per week.  They arrived, I installed the batteries and put them in.  In my office they seemed great.  I was so impressed I didn't take a back up system to the RGS Grouse Challenge a couple days later.  Once on the course the problems started; amplification seemed to both modulate and cut on and off.  Also, they seemed very sensitive to the light breeze we had.  I had a hard time communicating with the other members of my 9 man squad which detracted from my enjoyment of the day.  A little over an hour in they started to hurt my ears, as their plastic case was resting against the hard areas inside my ear.  I wished I had thrown a pair of plugs in my shooting vest.

A week later I wore them for a 50 target bunny shoot.  The left side turned on (you get a tone) but didn't really amplify, the right side worked but again, not consistently.  About an hour in my ears started to hurt again.

The ebay seller is taking them back, I may get dinged for the return shipping and a restock fee but live and learn.  I considered re-selling them but I wouldn't want to foist these things on someone else.  I guess I could buy a brand new set, and maybe one of the other sized rubber covers would not have caused pain, but I doubt it.  I guess I'll look into some smaller, pricier options and for now stick with muffs for skeet and plugs for clays.

mccuha

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at them and thought they were a good value. But value doesn’t always mean they work as needed and just as important comfortable to where all day

Jakeismydog2

I have not had any problems with mine other than they burn through batteries relatively quick. Honestly I have been very impressed with mine.

mccuha
10 hours ago, Jakeismydog2 said:

I have not had any problems with mine other than they burn through batteries relatively quick. Honestly I have been very impressed with mine.

do they hurt your ears after wearing them all day?

steveziv

Reviews seem to be a mixed bag.  Most of the negative reviews I've read mention wind noise, battery burn, discomfort or simply dismiss them as junk.  But some buyers are happy with them.  Like I said, I really wanted to like mine.  Hell, give 'em a try.  Just make sure your seller has a liberal return policy.

Reviews @ Cabela's

Reviews @ Amazon

Jakeismydog2

The earplug size options work pretty well for me in the pack... however they are a bit stiff. The longest I have worn them was for 4 hours. I wouldnt say they hurt my ears but i will say i was happy to take them out.

Buddy Knox

I got a set of Peltor's for christmas and so far I've been very pleased with them.  Mine came with little bitty foam stickers to put on the mic in windy conditions. Like I said, they are working for me.  I wish I'd had them sooner.

Crazy Horse

I bought a set of Peltors also.The thing I like about them is that they do not use batteries. Their carrying case serves as a recharging station using a compartment that houses 3 AA batteries or you cam charge them from your computer or from an outlet with the proper cord. They come with 3 different size rubber ear plugs and one foam plug. I prefer the foam plug and have ordered a foam "Skul Screw" plug. 

I have worn them for several rounds of Skeet and also for a few hours shooting Sporting Clays. They worked just great. Cost...$268.

https://www.amazon.com/PELTOR-TEP-100-Tactical-Digital-Earplug/dp/B01N0EZJHW