FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
U.P. Grouse Hunter

remote shoulder holster

U.P. Grouse Hunter

I am looking for a shoulder holster for my dogtra edge remote. I've found several online, but I'd like a shoulder holster, not a belt mounted one. I would also like it to carry the remote upright, and have some way to fasten it into the holster. I've seen several holsters that carry the remote upside down, and that looks like a huge accident waiting to happen to me! Any one know of one?

Thanks, Dan

MUSTANGER7

I have a holster that I had made for my Garmin Astro, having one made maybe the best approach.

BlacknTan

I actually prefer the ones that hang upside down at arms length. When I pick the transmitter up, it falls naturally into my hand, and I can get to the stim buttons quickly and easily..

Seems like this gent will make whatever you want or need.. I have the Edge RT, BTW..

https://unionlevelleather.com/products/dogtra-edge-latigo-holster

U.P. Grouse Hunter
On 4/8/2018 at 3:48 PM, BlacknTan said:

I actually prefer the ones that hang upside down at arms length. When I pick the transmitter up, it falls naturally into my hand, and I can get to the stim buttons quickly and easily..

Seems like this gent will make whatever you want or need.. I have the Edge RT, BTW..

https://unionlevelleather.com/products/dogtra-edge-latigo-holster

I like the idea of the upside down ones, but I think I would loose it busting through the U.P.!

ScottGrush

Clip it on your strap vest strap. Get a piece of belt webbing and sew a horizontal loop across the strap, clip the transmitter through it. 

Curt
46 minutes ago, ScottGrush said:

Clip it on your strap vest strap. Get a piece of belt webbing and sew a horizontal loop across the strap, clip the transmitter through it. 

That's what I did, but I also attached a 'retractable gear keeper' on the strap above the loop and then fastened the end of the retractable line to the transmitter with a split ring.  Extra insurance, if you've ever lost a transmitter in the brush it's not fun.

U.P. Grouse Hunter
1 hour ago, ScottGrush said:

Great idea!

grousehuntr

I don't have a dogtra, I have an alpha and use the upside down leather holster made by wing works.  It is very well made and hasn't presented an issue for me yet.  I've busted covers with it attached to a carabiner that is attached to my vest. Initially I had used an old hwy police lanyard, the type used to secure the sidearm to the belt, as a back up should it fall out but have since stopped using that as I see no need. As another suggestion, regardless of what holster you use, I use a jaeger lead and especially during  TtRaining I just attach the transmitter to the lead sorta a shoulder holster with the added benefit of a lead as well. Just a thought. Good luck with your choice. 

gjw
On 4/10/2018 at 7:18 AM, ScottGrush said:

That's what I do.  You can also get a long lanyard or make one with para cord to put around your neck.  Double security.  Never lost my Dogtra 2000T&B or my Alpha

53022_600x400.jpg

53023_600x400.jpg

Good Luck!

Greg