Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Tom Avent

Ok. This is what I wait for all year......well, second to the start of bird season. The games take on a whole new tone and intensity now. Best sporting event in the world IMHO. Any predictions?

spinfly

That's the thing about playoff hockey, throw out the regular season records. Anyone can get hot or cold, and they all turn it up a notch or two. Rooting for the Preds, think they win it over Tampa Bay in the finals.

Steve Hunts

The west is the best.

fishvik

I agree the west will probably do it this year if they don't beat each up in the process of getting to the finals.

Big Al

And the Bolts don’t even know who they’re playing in the first round.

jeff88

Looks like the games are set.  No predictions for winners but do predict whomever prevails, they will have had one he!! of a tough time getting to the Cup lifting ceremony.  Best trophy in sports.  During last years' run I squirmed so much I wore out a couch cushion.   

Al, you get the Devils:

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/4/8/17208284/nhl-playoffs-stanley-cup-first-round-teams-matchups

Ben Hong

BolTs VS Devils.......................Bolts in 6. The Devils have had their number the whole year.

Leafs  VS Broons.....................Rask will have to be MVP of the series if Boston escapes. Tor in 7

Caps VS Blue Jackets. ...........Flip 'em

Phil VS PItt................................Pitt,  They have Malkin and Crosby. Pitt in 6

Vegas VS LA..............................Vegas in 5 games.

Sharks VS Ducks......................Sharks are a different team when Evander Kane doesn't go off on a tangent. Sharks in 4.

Preds vs Avalanche..................Avalanche not quite there yet Preds in 5.The Preds are an elite team.

Jets vs Minn. ...........................No contest. Jets in 4.

jeff88
7 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Phil VS PItt................................Pitt,  They have Malkin and Crosby. Pitt in 6

Go Ben!  

Big Al

Well the Panthers didn't make the playoffs but they did help their Florida brethren by beating a very disengaged Boston team last night.  The Lightning won the Atlantic division by virtue of the Panthers win. Good job Flo bros.

Just a little rant about the NHL point system.  Nashville won the President's trophy by virtue of the loser point.  Lightning had one more win than Nashville.  Only in the NHL are you rewarded for losing.  Of course the Pres trophy and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at your local coffee shop.

Big Al

Can we see a repeat of the Pen-Flyer 2012 series?  What fun that was to watch.

Big Al

Tampa

Boston

Washington

Pitt

Nashville

Kings

Sharks

Jets

kgb

Vegas-Pgh.   I still like Neal and Fleury.

Tom Avent
4 hours ago, Big Al said:

Well the Panthers didn't make the playoffs but they did help their Florida brethren by beating a very disengaged Boston team last night.  The Lightning won the Atlantic division by virtue of the Panthers win. Good job Flo bros.

Just a little rant about the NHL point system.  Nashville won the President's trophy by virtue of the loser point.  Lightning had one more win than Nashville.  Only in the NHL are you rewarded for losing.  Of course the Pres trophy and $3.50 will get you a cup of coffee at your local coffee shop.

As a long suffering Caps fan, I can go on for hours about how worthless winning the President' Trophy is.

jeff88
8 hours ago, Big Al said:

Can we see a repeat of the Pen-Flyer 2012 series?  What fun that was to watch.

NO!!!!!

Longrifle

Ah, spring.   When a young man's fancy turns to hockey.