Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Canuck

Leafs/Jets final would be good. If the Leafs get by Boston...

Canuck (Go Leafs)

Pomoxis
1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Canuck (Go Leafs)

The Jets/Preds series (if it comes to that)will be a doozy. I really like Winnipegs team (fast as greased lightning with some snipers up front and the beast Byfuglien and Trouba in back. Ive watched all the Eastern teams play at some point in the season and there is nothing scary like Nashville and Winnipeg. If the Jets get goal tending during the run, watch out.

jeff88
12 hours ago, Longrifle said:

Ah, spring.   When a young man's fancy turns to hockey.

Yup!  ^

Ben Hong
13 hours ago, Canuck said:

Canuck (Go Leafs)

Sentimentally most people in Canada would like to see the Leafs do well. Almost no one would pick them to get by Boston. There is a reason why I loathe the Broons, they play a dirty, mean and clandestine game and it has always been so. The youngsters on the Leafs team will be given the treatment...GA RON TEED.

terrym

If there are no "tactical" injuries the youth of the Leafs also means stamina. Not saying they will win the cup but they could surprise many. 

jeff88
6 hours ago, terrym said:

If there are no "tactical" injuries the youth of the Leafs also means stamina. Not saying they will win the cup but they could surprise many. 

One thing about the 2nd season, almost any team can win.  Look at the Senators and Preds last year.  They made the Eastern Finals and Cup series respectively.  The Hawks were the western team to beat and they were out in 4 games.  My take is:  DO NOT WIN THE PRESIDENTS TROPHY - it's the kiss of death.  :o

Seems like seeds 3 to 6 are the spots to be in especially when a team has a strong 1st season finish.  

It starts tonight!  :)

GO PENS!   

jeff88
6 hours ago, terrym said:

One thing about the 2nd season, almost any team can win.  Look at the Senators and Preds last year.  They made the Eastern Finals and Cup series respectively.  The Hawks were the western team to beat and they were out in 4 games.  My take is:  DO NOT WIN THE PRESIDENTS TROPHY - it's the kiss of death.  :o

Seems like seeds 3 to 6 are the spots to be in especially when a team has a strong 1st season finish.  

It starts tonight!  :)

GO PENS!   

Ben Hong

Pens 7 Flyers 0:  WTF Sid with a natural hattie!!!

Big Al

The Jets-Wild game was fun.  Fast and rough.  

jeff88
1 hour ago, Ben Hong said:

Pens 7 Flyers 0:  WTF Sid with a natural hattie!!!

87 had another highlight reel goal tonight.  Knocked one in from out of the air but this time it was coming towards him.  Even though it was a blowout, it's just one game.  Flyers turned around a 0-2 deficit in 2012 for a series win.  Still,

GO PENS!

Steve Hunts

Great game with Knights/Kings. Doubt you will see any 7-0 games between these 2 teams. Solid goal tending as well. 

Tom Avent

I can only hope the Pens get SUPER cocky and stumble. Man, what a show of offense.

Ben Hong
2 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

I can only hope the Pens get SUPER cocky and stumble. Man, what a show of offense.

One of the commentators on Cdn TV said you never want to pile on goals past the point of humiliation for the victims. Maybe it won't happen but payback is a bitch sometimes. Other than Boston, I can't see anyone in the east stopping the Pens, when all 4 of their big guns are firing all cylinders.

Longrifle
12 hours ago, jeff88 said:

87 had another highlight reel goal tonight.  Knocked one in from out of the air but this time it was coming towards him.  Even though it was a blowout, it's just one game.  Flyers turned around a 0-2 deficit in 2012 for a series win.  Still,

GO PENS!

Wasn't that 2000, with the 5OT game, and the endless anthem by the Vitamin L singer?

Tom Avent

Why oh why do I torture myself?