REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Ben Hong
On 2018-06-16 at 7:53 PM, Big Al said:

Hey Ben, 

Bergevin strikes again.  Gotta love his June 15th trades.  How does this guy still have a job.

Al, the story is emerging that they got rid of Galchenyuk just to get rid of his father, who was the hockey father from hell. Looking back on the last 3 years everything rhymes.

Zoli 16ga.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....ya think? Caps did the math, chances of winning two in a row when they scrapped by in this one...slim. They'll capitalize on the win, and save a ton of cash by letting trotz leave. Maybe ovi is going to retire, so no sense for trotz to hang around. He'll capitalize big time with the win, on the next team contract.

Big Al

Hedman wins the Norris.  Well deserved.  He's going to be the core of the Lightning D for a long time. 

Big Al
9 minutes ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....ya think? Caps did the math, chances of winning two in a row when they scrapped by in this one...slim. They'll capitalize on the win, and save a ton of cash by letting trotz leave. Maybe ovi is going to retire, so no sense for trotz to hang around. He'll capitalize big time with the win, on the next team contract.

Trotz will get his payday.  He's been making $1.5 mil.  Time to cash in the chips.

Zoli 16ga.

signed with the islanders apparently. 

Chesepeakes_Man

My Toronto Maple Leafs have made a HUGE deal and transition signing John Tavares. I can't wait to see what this season holds for us...................It's been a long long haul.

Dale 

Big Al
18 hours ago, Chesepeakes_Man said:

My Toronto Maple Leafs have made a HUGE deal and transition signing John Tavares. I can't wait to see what this season holds for us...................It's been a long long haul.

Dale 

They shed 97 points with Bozak and JVR to get JT's 84 and they didn't improve their D.  

They'll probably be better but I wouldn't hold my breath.

It sucks that he went to a team in the Lightning's division.

Ben Hong

Stanley Cups are usually won by teams with a great defense. But Toronto did improve their forward depth. Any team with a Marner, a Tavares and a Matthews in its lineup should overcome defense deficiencies.

Big Al

Can’t wait for William Nylander to become an unrestricted free agent.

F001F4A7-8724-48F6-A3EE-9B0598469EE2.jpeg

Big Al
11 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Stanley Cups are usually won by teams with a great defense. But Toronto did improve their forward depth. Any team with a Marner, a Tavares and a Matthews in its lineup should overcome defense deficiencies.

Those 6-5 games are exciting.😀