REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Big Al

The Bolts flipped the proverbial switch last night.  Played Lightning hockey. You guys probably don't know or haven't heard about Yanni Gourde of the Lightning.  He's a 26 year old rookie.  He's number 37.  If you watch a Bolts game, pay attention to him.  He's tenacious.  He had a goal and assist last night.  He broke the Lightning rookie scoring records this year. 

Well it looks like the Leafs will be getting the suspension and not the big bad Bruins.  What a stupid hit by Kadri. 

terrym

Not a great start for the Leafs. :(

jeff88

Just one game in gents, most series go 6 to 7 games.  I'm not high on the Pens just because they hammered the Phlyers, as Ben wrote about the CDN talking heads commenting, I just hope that doesn't come back to haunt them.  Was able to watch the 3rd period and OT of the Caps/BJ's game - Panerin is such a dangerous opponent.  Tom, I really can't see them beating the Caps but I get what you may be thinking.

That Leaf's player is either a bone head or as it is in many cases, adrenaline is a dangerous drug.  Or both!

Guess none of this matters, it's the Preds year so says every hockey pundit everywhere.  

Still:

GO PENS!

Ben Hong

Preds year? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking but I would like to see them win the Cup and for PK to bring it to Montreal for a special “showing” ie, shove it up the Habs managent’s collective arses.

As for Toronto, there’s no shame in getting spanked by a superior team. Let this be a lesson for them as the Oilers learned from the NYI in the early 80s. There time is definitely on the horizon. Kadri is a selfish bonehead.

Clueless1
On 4/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, Longrifle said:

Wasn't that 2000, with the 5OT game, and the endless anthem by the Vitamin L singer?

I was living in OH at the time.  No one there had a clue about hockey.  Watched that whole d*** game, until falling asleep finally somewhere around 3am.  Woke up and heard on the radio on the way to work that the Pens lost, about 3 mins after I fell asleep >:( 

Had to explain to my boss why I was dragging a$$ all day.  "Hockey??"  Only one other guy in the place that liked hockey, and he was a Pens fan as well.  He looked just as bad as I did that day. 

jeff88
3 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Preds year? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking

Not wishful thinking on my part.  Subban is not even close to being my favorite player.  An ego on steroids.

GO PENS!

Ben Hong

Remember what I said a couple of days ago about running up the score? Pens found that payback is a real bitch. 5 - 1 Pha.

kgb

I don't believe that at all. Just some games have all the momentum for one team and others don't.  Sooner or later they will flip back-to-back and that happened this week. One of the worst games I attended was vs. the Nordiques at The Igloo.  Pens just skated around seemingly listless and could not make a pass or get a shot to the net.  Quebec made crisp passes, you could hear them hitting stick blades (arena was pretty quiet that night) and Pgh looked like they were a Harlem Globetrotters victim.  Ever since that game it seems a couple times a month I'd see games where the Pens were either the team that was on or the team that was off.   Last night, they were off.  All those little tips or flips that did something did nothing, and the game two nights before wasn't the reason why. It just was.

Steve Hunts

Another great game between the Knights/Kings last night. Hard to imagine the cup final will be any better than this series.

Big Al
12 minutes ago, Steve Hunts said:

Another great game between the Knights/Kings last night. Hard to imagine the cup final will be any better than this series.

Yep game was good, eastern time zone not so much.

Big Al
17 hours ago, jeff88 said:

GO PENS!

NO PENS

Canuck

How is the Byfuglien headshot on Koivu in the second period of the Jets/Wild game last night not a suspension, let alone not even a penalty???

Big Al
58 minutes ago, Canuck said:

How is the Byfuglien headshot on Koivu in the second period of the Jets/Wild game last night not a suspension, let alone not even a penalty???

Slo-mo look and it's shoulder to shoulder.

jeff88

Pens definitely did not match the Phlyers in any facet of the game last night.  Agree with KGB, that was not karma, it just was a bad night particularly on the dee side of the ice for PGH.  Murray did not look sharp either.  Credit to Philly, they wanted the game really badly and played that way.  It's a series, am not getting hung up yet.  Still, and particularly for Big Al:

GO PENS!

Ben Hong
5 hours ago, Canuck said:

It was not a head shot and no penalty necessary. Buff is BIG!