FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
Parkerman

Need a quail recipe

Cheesy

Quail other than fried?  Pure blasphemy.

(but I ate at a now closed restaurant in Stephenville, Texas several years ago that served spatchcocked quail, bacon wrapped, grilled with a citrus glaze, it was amazing)

Scar

I wrap my quail breasts with bacon and dust with Tony Cachere's Original Creole Seasoning and grill them over high heat until the bacon is cooked.

I make a glaze by mixing 1/3 bourbon (or whatever cheap whiskey I have sitting around) and 2/3 jalapeno jelly.  Orange Marmalade also works well.

Right before I pull the breasts off the grill I drizzle the glaze generously over them.  They disappear quickly.

22793110348_1b2004fe0f_z.jpg

Don fischer

When I did NSTRA I always brought home all the quail that weren't shot up. Brested them out and cut into slices and fried up. Then made milk gravy in the pan and added the quail. Ate it over toast like SOS! I'm not very inventive.

co_setter

Cut backbone out and brine for 2 hours.  Press on cutting board to flatten and salt, pepper dust with a rub of your choice to taste.  Wrap several bricks in foil, place on grill and preheat.  Place quail on grill and set bricks on top.  Grill about 4 minutes on each side, till medium.