FRIENDLY REMINDER ABOUT HUNTING REPORTS/TOPICS... Read more... ×
dogrunner

US Open and World All-Around.

dogrunner

Looks like Faulds set the bar in FITASC.  Also by looking at his All Around scores doesn’t really seem like he has any holes in his game. Anyone there this week?  

dogrunner

Looks like you can watch some of it later this week. 

D1521549-2457-44DA-B71A-900D9C2B1F5E.jpeg

KerryLuft

I'll be there tomorrow, but not shooting. Looking forward to seeing friends and maybe, doing some shopping.

25/06

i was looking on winscore for your name,

why aren’t you shooting?

My shooting buddy is out there with his boy, He trew up a 92 in FITASC,

Not too shabby for and old fart.

I cannot concive of shooting a 99 in FITASC at a us open

My friends say it is HOT 97+ South Dakota guys will be melting!

dogrunner

I also was looking for his name especially FITASC . .  92 looks like a great score.  Now there’s a tie for first.   

KerryLuft
6 hours ago, 25/06 said:

i was looking on winscore for your name,

why aren’t you shooting?

If you're asking me -- no time to compete.  I have a business meeting in Tucson but family obligations mean I'll only be there overnight.

25/06

Kerry,

Yes I was asking you.

I would make a dumb comment about how you should Make the time, but I realize my friends are there with a camper, cart and I had an invite to go.

Yet I am at work trying to close out a job and bid some more.

Long winter and too much work can get a guy feeling sorry for himself!:D

Got to remember to be thankful for the job and happy for the spring moisture. South Dakota has had two very hard drought years especially in the center of the state.

With a good hatch and moisture it is amazing how fast pheasants can bounce back.

10-14" of wet snow and a slow melt will be a good thing as long as it does not get too cold.

Safe travels !

KerryLuft

Family overrules all. There’s always another tournament, but there’s not always another chance to make a memory with your children. Therefore, I will only spend a few hours at coyote springs.

KerryLuft

Anybody who shot yesterday has my respect. It was hot, and the wind was howling. Lots of dust and haze and from what I saw the scores were low. Lots of vendors had packed up because stuff was blowing off the tables

25/06

Ya my friends got spanked pretty hard,

whent from 92 fitasc to 60s in 20 gauge.

folks wonder why sporting clays shooters dont wnat to shoot for averages.

92 can be alosing score and 75 can be a winner

dogrunner

A 5 way tie going into the last day with a few others 1 target behind.  Mein and Faulds were the top 2 in the All Around.

dogrunner

Kruse wins by 1 target also shot great in the All-around final. It was pretty good shoot off footage, Spire also shot well in the final. 

KerryLuft

I think this tournament points up just how good the best shooters are.  Kruse and Matarese were tied going into the last round; Anthony dropped one target out of 66 but Kruse straighted the course.  That's unbelievable shooting.

FITASC was won with a 99, and there were two of them -- also incredible.  And I'm sure some scores were knocked down by the high winds on Thursday.

If you're going to win a big blast nowdays, it's going to take something in the range of 95 percent and up. When I started, most people couldn't believe it when a shooter broke 90, and the courses were a lot softer then.

dogrunner

Yep, now even in the lower classes it takes usually an 80 or more to win in most tournaments.